Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 8th, 2018 14:00

Inspiron 15 3552 - Error on startup

Hello,

I've had this Inspiron laptop for a while now and recently ran into a hard drive issue. When I start up the computer, it sits on the 'Dell' logo for a very long time before booting into automatic repair. After about 2 minutes in the auto repair, the laptop gives me error 0x0000185. I can never actually start up Windows and the only menu I'm able to gain control of is the BIOS menu.

I've made sure the hard drive is properly connected, which it is and shows up in the BIOS menu as a bootable drive. I've also tried to reinstall Windows from a USB in which I needed to boot it in UEFI under the legacy USB option. When I did that, if I chose to install either 32 or 64-bit Windows, it gave me a WATCHDOG error. If I chose to install both, it'd eventually take me to a black and white menu with options like 'Windows 32 bit setup' and 'safe mode' but none of those options worked.

I also ran the diagnostics test in the BIOS menu which gave me the error code: 2000_0151. I would just like to know if this hard drive is even still salvageable or if it's time to purchase a new one?

Thanks much!

10 Elder

• 

23.2K Posts

May 8th, 2018 18:00

Time to run an extended diagnostic on the drive - f12 at powerup.

If you see an error such as 2000-0142, the drive needs to be replaced.

No Events found!