Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

Closed

August 3rd, 2018 17:00

Inspiron 15 3567, 2 orange lights, 7 white lights

I had my laptop hooked up to my smart tv via the hdmi cable. i was watching YouTube vids. the vid ended and my tv went into sleep mode. i tried moving the mouse but apparently it had been sleeping for some time. i then unplugged my laptop from the tv and tried to turn it on but unsuccessful. whenever i tried to turn on the laptop i noticed the battery light flashing twice on orange and 7 times on white. any help? the laptop will not turn on.

10 Elder

• 

24.8K Posts

August 4th, 2018 06:00

First thing to do is run a screen self-test -- hold D through powerup.  You should see a series of screen tests.  If you don't, the screen is bad.

If you do, next check the cable that runs between the screen and mainboard.  If it's damaged, and it's not a touchscreen, replace the wiring harness.  If it's a touchscreen, the display will need to be replaced;  the cable isn't separate.

If that does nothing, it leaves the other possibility - the GPU has failed and the mainboard will need replacement.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

January 12th, 2023 08:00

To receive assistance from Dell support, click the "Get help now" icon on the right to start a live chat session.

DELLChrisM_0-1673539362119.jpeg

Provide to them the private computer Service Tag, your result of the pre-Windows ePSA diagnostics, and all of your troubleshooting.

August 4th, 2018 04:00

My apologies. It is Model 3567. How would u go about fixing that LCD display problem though? 

10 Elder

• 

24.8K Posts

August 4th, 2018 04:00

We can't do much without knowing what system model you have - Inspiron N5110, 5532, 7779, etc.

On most newer systems, 2-7 is a failure to recognize the LCD display.

August 4th, 2018 07:00

that was the first 'solution' i attempted. still nothing. the screen will not come on unless it is plugged into the tv using the hdmi cable. when the screen does come on, diagnostic testing is done as well as another test i cannot remember specifically now for i am not at home with the laptop. once the second 'testing' comes off the screen, the laptop shuts down again.

:Crying:

the screen seems to be bad then.  also, did i mention that the screen only comes on when i use the hdmi cable to connect to the smart tv? once it is unplugged from the tv, the laptop screen does not come on.

10 Elder

• 

24.8K Posts

Reset the system -- unplug, remove or disconnect the battery and hold the power button for 30 sec.

Will the screen then initialize?

1 Rookie

• 

6 Posts

January 17th, 2021 21:00

I'm having exact same problem with a 3567. It will only stay on for about a minute then it shuts off whether it's in the bios or trying to boot. Did you have any luck fixing? Or is a new motherboard needed? More background: The lcd cable was frayed and sparking. I have replaced that with a new one but the LCD still doesn't come on. So I have the lcd cable disconnected and am using an external monitor.

2 Posts

June 12th, 2021 02:00

Hi Thank you I have checked everything is this dell inspiron 13 5000 model can it turn on if its screen is disconnected? by what I tried with an external screen of desktop but nothing whatever what I do they are the same indication led 2 orange 7 white

I would like to know if without the connected screen the pc cannot turn on correctly it is a touch screen

No Events found!