Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

I

January 14th, 2018 15:00

Inspiron 15-5570, fan issue

The fan running on high speed only when plugged in for charging. The laptop's fan running on high speed since the start when plugged in for charging. I have updated the BIOS it got a little better but still the fan keeps running when the system is idle.

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

January 14th, 2018 16:00

Thank you for your message.

Did this start after an update? Has there been any software changes made like game, anti-virus or Windows updates installation?

Does the system heat up when the fan noise increases? 

Please run a hardware diagnostic by following this link http://bit.ly/2fJuGXB & check if there is an error listed.

For my reference, click on my Dell username & send a private message with the Service tag, registered name & email address.

7 Posts

January 14th, 2018 20:00

The system doesnt seem to heat up also. 

7 Posts

January 14th, 2018 20:00

It is happening from the start and the epsa test had no errors. 

7 Posts

January 18th, 2018 08:00

I have observed the system after updating the bios and chipset drivers but it has been of no use. The fan keeps on running intermittently on high speed after every 10 minutes or so and it is very annoying. While not plugged in for charging the laptop is running absolutely fine. 

1 Message

January 28th, 2018 15:00

Hi iman23,

Were you able to resolve the mentioned issue? I am having the exact same problem.

Thanks

7 Posts

February 15th, 2018 06:00

They changed the motherboard and heat sink after that it got better but still the fan kicks off at high speed often. So now they are replacing it. 

February 15th, 2018 08:00

My 7373 had an issue with the fan running very high (and hot) which was fixed by modifying my Power Options settings. Might give that a go if the replacement doesn't help.

3 Posts

February 28th, 2018 11:00

i'm having the same problem...

what to do?

can anyone give me a solution?

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

February 28th, 2018 17:00

Thank you for your message. I will be glad to look into this for you. 

Please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

2018 i5  quad-core with 120gb ssd + 1Tb hhd. 

Took all of 5 seconds to reject it because of the fan noise. 

I don't trouble shoot brand new computers.

Back it goes.

1 Message

April 16th, 2018 08:00

Just bought a new 5570 also and same thing.  Dell tried to tell me it was possibly due to being plugged into a surge protector so I plugged directly into the wall and no change.  Then, I came across a video on Youtube that resolved the issue but I'm giving up 1% processor speed.  Go to your power settings...

1. Click on Change advanced power settings.
  2. Scroll down to Processor Power Management.
  3. Expand and click on Maximum processor state.
  4. Just change from 100% to 99% for the Plugged In option and the fan will immediately stop whizzing at high speed.

I think Dell needs to release another bios update to address this or Windows...not sure which cause we shouldn't have to give up any processor speed...

2 Posts

April 26th, 2018 13:00

Hi iman23,
I am facing the same problem and Dell operator told me to send the laptop for assistance. Can I ask you if they fixed the problem of your laptop with an hardware replacement? Thanks.

1 Message

May 4th, 2018 05:00

Did u find a solution for that problem . i have the same problem i bought dell inspiron 5570 form 10 days and after installing windows 10 i found that the fan has a loud voice Did u know why is that happend?

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

May 4th, 2018 09:00

Thank you for your message. This is not the experience we want our customers to go through with a brand new system. I will look into this on priority.

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

1 Message

May 14th, 2018 02:00

I have the same Problem.... my customers already joking about Dell when they hear my notebook

No Events found!