Start a Conversation

Unsolved

L

1 Message

February 17th, 2019 16:00

Inspiron 15 7000 not powering on

I would contact dell tech support but I had my bottom cover replaced and the crappy barcode sticker they put on the replacements came off.

I was playing a game on the laptop and it suddenly shut off while I was using it. I disconnected the charger and unplugged my phone and headphones and then tried to power on again. It didn’t turn on. I looked around the laptop and opened the bottom cover to look for issues but everything looks fine. The led ring on the charger is fine. When you plug the charger in the little orange light on the front edge flashes but the laptop still won’t turn on. The battery was replaced under warranty a few months ago.

The only thing I can find wrong is a strange smell from the the right (from using position) side heat vent in the back that isn’t present on the left. I ran the dell hardware check utilities 2 days ago and it checked out except for a WiFi driver update. 

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

9.4K Posts

February 18th, 2019 10:00

Hi Imanstl,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.

From your description, it may be possible that either the motherboard or one of the components on it may have failed.

Here is information from the Dell knowledge base you may find helpful:

Resolve No Power, No POST, No Boot or No Video issues with your Dell Computer

If you still require assistance and the system is under warranty, you may contact me privately. Be sure to include your personal information (name, address, telephone, email) and your computer's service tag number in your message. Thanks.

If there is no warranty, then you could contact our Out of Warranty team to get a quote for a paid service request. 

No Events found!