Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

K

March 19th, 2018 21:00

Inspiron 15 7567 Gaming Battery

Hi, I'm new here, but I would like to ask some questions about my new bought Dell Gaming laptop.

I have had to buy and return this model twice already, once because the charger came defective and (Dell Customer Service wasn't particularly helping) and the second because the actual battery was defective, (The battery life decreased to six to three hours on light web browsing.

My question is, what is the average life of this model laptop? I've gotten answers varying from two, to six, to even 15, but I'd like a definitive answer from someone who has experience with Dell Laptops, since this is actually my first time dipping into Windows.

Thanks.

9.4K Posts

March 20th, 2018 03:00

Hi KaEdKi,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.

Battery life can vary depending on different circumstances.  Here is some information from the Dell knowledge base you may find helpful.

Laptop Battery FAQ

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

March 20th, 2018 09:00

If there's no battery error code and you're comfortable opening the computer case, I suggest draining the residual power of the computer and recalibrate the battery by following steps in link below. 

System battery shows "plugged in not charging" when you ...

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

Hi Denyed1

I suggest you run the diagnostic tool to check Battery on system by following steps below:

1. Power on system, quickly start tapping F12 key continuously until you see Preparing One Time Boot Menu in the top right corner of the screen.

2. In the Dell Pre-boot menu, select Diagnostic. After quick test finished, select Primary Battery and then click on Thorough Test Mode. Report back any error code

9 Posts

My battery has also died. I used to get 6 to 8 hours but barely manage 1 now. Surely this is unacceptable quality for a battery that was left at 75% charge and hardly used for a year. Dell really made a dead horse with the 7567

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

March 20th, 2018 10:00

I'd suggest you still re-calibrate the battery (see my post above) and then retest it. Hopefully re-calibrating battery  will make a difference.

9 Posts

**bleep**, Im out of warrantee by one month. Been having battery trouble since the last few months but thought it was the Bios issue so have been waiting for that to resolve. Now that I downgraded to Bios 1.1 again and still had the issue I thought I should look into it more...

9 Posts

Hi, I have run the thorough test mode and it says my battery is reaching the end of its usable life.

The error code is: 2000:0132 validation code 78376

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

Please select Service Manual to view battery removal in link below:

Support for Inspiron 15 Gaming 7567 | Manuals & documents ...

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

Please enter service tag number onto link below to see if there's still warranty for the system.

www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/products/?app=warranty&c=&l=&s=

If there's still warranty, I suggest you contact Dell and ask for a free replacement. Normally, notebook batteries are covered by One (1) year warranty support.

Dell Notebook Battery Warranty Support | Dell US

9 Posts

March 20th, 2018 11:00

Thanks, I will try that. Yes this is the first time a battery has died on me so quickly and also the first time I have tried to look after it really well...

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

Please don't forget to click on " recalibrate" in my other post. 

9 Posts

I have done. I have tried a few of the charge it up to 100% and let it drain with no success, so will attempt the battery removal and then leave it disconnected for a few hours and then reconnect and charge up again.

9 Posts

March 20th, 2018 14:00

Ok, before I have managed to try anything windows popped up a notification to say that my battery no longer works and needs to be replaced...

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

March 21st, 2018 07:00

If all troubleshooting fails, I suggest contacting Dell Out Of Warranty to see if you can order a new battery in link below. 

How to Arrange 'Out of Warranty' Repair on your Dell ...

You could also check a third party for a battery such as EBay, Amazon or Parts People com. Please check the specification on back of battery or in the link below.

www.dell.com/support/manuals/us/en/19/inspiron-15-7567-laptop/inspiron-15-7567-setup-specifications/battery?guid=guid-87907837-34f0-4d65-b203-6875fbf09f01&lang=en-us

If you see one on either Amazon or EBay, I suggest checking the seller reviews, warranty and return policy.

9 Posts

March 29th, 2018 05:00

Ok, I'm going to have to try and get a new battery. I tried the calibration and resetting it a few times but have had no luck. Thanks for your help.

No Events found!