Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 24th, 2018 00:00

Inspiron 15-7567, NVMe M.2 SSD, no bootable device

I have Dell Inspiron 15-7567 laptop and I've bought a new NVMe M.2 SSD for it (Samsung 970 EVO). I've tried to install Windows 10 on the SSD and the installation seems to be finished successful, but after reboot BIOS shows "No bootable device" message.

I've also tried to install Windows on HDD and then clone it to the SSD with Samsung Data Migration tool, but the result is the same (I can boot from HDD, but can't from SSD).

I will be grateful for any help.

July 24th, 2018 13:00

Changing SATA Operation from AHCI to RAID solved my problem.

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

July 24th, 2018 09:00

Hi jacobgrach,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.

Here is a post on the Forum that addresses this issue, and may be helpful for you.

And, here's a short video.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

July 24th, 2018 10:00

Try changing the SATA controller to AHCI in the Bios.  That setting seems to relate to which driver will be used with the M.2 drive.  With AHCI it uses the NVMe driver, with RAID it uses an Intel Driver.

July 24th, 2018 11:00

Thank you for the answer.

The post you gave me didn't help. I've installed the system from UEFI mode, didn't change to Legacy mode.

I've also saw some workarounds with changing SATA Operation from RAID to AHCI, but again, it already was set to AHCI when I started to install Windows.

9 Posts

June 8th, 2023 16:00

Wow, hate to bump a dead thread, but this Dell device and hardware is infuriating me. The m.2 would not boot, so I wiped it and installed fresh Win10. I cannot get it to boot.

It is recognized in BIOS, but SATA Operation is stuck showing AHCI. There is no RAID option to select. any ideas?

No Events found!