Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

WP

January 12th, 2018 15:00

Inspiron 15 7567 low performance

Hi,

I bought new laptop Dell Inspiron 15 7567 1 week ago and till this time laptop have very low performance.. I tried GTA V, BF4, Planetside 2, League of Legends and rust.. First 3 games are running at 50-60 fps but after cca 15-20 minutes, they start lagging and maximum FPS are 45.. It start freezing for 1-2 sec every 10 seconds.. When I play LoL I have 50 fps but still there are lot of laggs.. And what about Rust.. I know the game havent good optimalization.. but I can run it at 60 fps nly for 2 sec.. 99% of time I have maybe 5 or 3 fps..

I have 5 years old laptop with CPU i5, 8gb ram and Nvidia 630m and performance is more stable than this Dell inspiron 15 7567 with CPU i7-7700, 8gb ram and Nvidia 1050ti 4gb.. 

Can somebody help me? 

January 15th, 2018 11:00

So.. Can this video's help me, or i must downgrade?

40 Posts

January 15th, 2018 17:00

@Zingam wrote:

Well known power throttling issue here!

https://www.dell.com/support/article/bg/en/bgdhs1/sln305033/alienware-15-r3-17-r4-overheat-performan...

http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/7700hq-power-limit-throttling.805765/

Good thing I didn't get the Alienware for triple the price with the same issues!!

Interesting.  I noticed a similar situation with my 7570 which has the i7-8550U CPU.  The benchmark results show that my CPU is being limited to a 90% throttle.

From the link:

"make sure you enable "CPU Performance Mode" in your BIOS."

Gonna have to go check that one out since I had no idea where it was being limited, although the OP's test shows his i7-7700HQ is hitting 99%.

40 Posts

January 15th, 2018 17:00

@Wild Piggor wrote:

http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/6820141

secondary test

http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/6820243

Your GPU is performing much better now.  On par with most everyone else with the same GPU.  Did you install the Dell driver?

Your HDD is performing below average.  I had a similar problem with mine out of the box.  What I ended up doing is that I removed the Bitlocker security and the HDD performance went up significantly.

See here:

HDD Performance Bitlocker=ON

" Performing way below expectations (8th percentile)"

http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/6724816

I then turned Bitlocker off

HDD Performance Bitlocker=OFF

"Performing above expectations (82nd percentile)"

http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/6740272

January 16th, 2018 02:00

Yeah, i download drivers from dell site.. 

I can't find bitlocker..

72 Posts

January 16th, 2018 07:00

Ran into a problem with my Inspiron 15 7567 that also slowed the computer in a different way.

What security programs are you running ?

Windows 10 Pro

I use Emsisoft Anti-Malware which removed their firewall so I was looking for another firewall besides the built in

one. I tried Comodo Firewall Free and it really took a hit on every program I use. I am running Zone Alarm Free

and speed is back to normal.

Just a thought as security programs can cause problems. Don't remember what security came with this laptop.

This is running a clean install of Windows 10 Pro.

48 Posts

January 16th, 2018 07:00

There isn't such option in Inspiron's BIOS. I wanted to show that Dell are having such problems on other much more expensive models  too.

Unfortunately they do not clearly acknowledge if they work on a fix.

January 16th, 2018 10:00

One of the most well known brands on the market are Dell laptops. Of course, this comes from a lot of advertising. But their quality goes a long way in explaining why they are so big in the IT world.

Let's take for example the new Dell Inspiron 6000. This is a high powered notebook that features the so-called Sonoma chipset which happens to be the latest Intel processor. Now, this chipset is strictly for mobile computers, so it is specifically designed to make sure your laptop works as optimally as possible. This involves the best in battery power life, the fastest graphics for gaming and multimedia, and wireless connectivity.

As far as wireless technology goes, these Dell laptops pack the latest technology. For example, they offer the optional Bluetooth for you business users out there. Of course then there is the standard 10/100 ethernet card and Wi-Fi access, so you can use your card in wireless hotpsots at home, in your local coffee shop ar at work.

Here are a few other accessories that round out the connectivity of these computers. It has an IEEE 1394 port, a Firewire port, an S-Video port and four USB ports. Now, if that's not enough, the Inspiron 6000 also has a slot for Secure Digital Memory cards.

Now, no matter how many digital cameras, music players, personal digital assistants (PDA's), or cell phones you have, your Dell Inspiron 6000 notebook will have enough access for all of them.

This computer also has a big brain! You can choose from either a 1.30 GHz Intel Celeron processor or the 1.60 GHz Pentium processor. As far as hard drives go, they also come in a selection of ranges from 30 GB to 80 GB. You can also pack the computer with optical drives like a DVD double layer burner or a writeable CD/DVD combo.

What does this mean for the layperson? All these numbers and abbreviations mean only one thing, no matter what you need your computer for, there are Dell laptops out there that are perfect for the task.

I have had nothing but Dell computers in my office as well as my home and I will continue to buy them and recommend them. Not just because they are excellently made computers, but because Dell stands behind their products in price as well
as service.

Just to give you an example of the Dell Service, I purchased a Dell Desktop last year for my office, one of many. This one computer did develop a problem with the DVD drive. I could read DVD's but I couldn't burn one. I called support they responded very quickly and while I was on the phone with them the technician had me run some tests. The DVD unit was found to be defective. The technician offered to send me a new unit by next day air or have a technician come to my office with flowers. I chose the latter, and the technician showed up within 24 hours replaced the unit and had me up running. Now for me, I couldn't have asked for better or faster service.

66 Posts

January 18th, 2018 20:00

Try disabling the "Game Bar" & "Game DVR" in the "Gaming" section of Windows settings as this can cause stuttering and low performance.

72 Posts

February 27th, 2018 19:00

Dell computers are not immune from problems. Just look through these forums and then tell me they don't.

Every computer on earth can have problems. I am on quite a few forums for software and hardware and can see the problems with both. I had two desktops built for me because I didn't want to build anymore. They are great with out any problems after 4 years+

Unfortunately laptops are not home grown and have to be purchased.

Dell has had a bad reputation with the people I 'talk' with for many years, usually about having to purchase parts only from them, at inflated prices.

There is another post here about trying to get a ssd drive to add to a Dell product. The one purchased doesn't work. Incompatible which is the most stupid thing I know. A drive is a drive no matter who makes it sand Dell does not like that

Go on praising Dell for your own benefit , just not for me.

9 Posts

February 28th, 2018 06:00

well im facing the same problems as yours on the 7567, i noticed that the cpu frequency usually remain at < 2ghz,, sometimes even 800mhz while gaming although the temp is < 70. I've tried anything i can but nothing worked! 

1 Message

April 5th, 2018 18:00

1.Exclude games installation path (by folder) from Windows Defender or other third party antivirus if you have one installed.

2. Make sure that you have installed drivers from Dell Website.

3. Some games need TrayPwrD3 running prior launching the game to work correctly. Make sure you download it and keep it running in the background before you launch the games that are troubling you. It keeps your dGPU active but idle not to mention it will solve much of the freezing problem with navigating Windows 10 UI.

Link: https://github.com/jobeid/TrayPwrD3

I hope this helped.

5 Posts

May 10th, 2018 21:00

The only thing that works.
https://youtu.be/Z4R5R0KZUrc

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 6th, 2018 13:00

My dell 7567 cpu is throttle ,i buy that laptop in 2016 ..and i relised about cpu throttle in 2018 after i try to play cod ww2 heavy games , 3 minute my cpu clock speed down to 2.9-2.5ghz from stable 3ghz-3.5ghz... I play a lot of light game like warframe never know that my cpu is throttle, after i try ffxv in 2018 i experience bad freezing and stutter,At First i thought it was my windows 10 1709, so i tried every windows build got same issues..then me check on website, people said dell7567 having bad cpu throttle everyone got same issue :( I already try,undervolt,throttlestop, upgrade windows 1803 and 1803 insider build 17677 then downgrade to 1607 using dell system image restore...this problem wont go away...cpu still throttle while gaming but stable 3.0ghz-3.6ghz in windows mode no game/app running. (only version 1709,1803 stable) , I also try aida64extreme stress system and got thermal throttling =Yes in XTU after 2-3 minutes stress... This problem go very weird went i tried windows build 1607 orginal in system restore the cpu is not in stablemode i got 0.9ghz-3.5ghz. Without gaming! PLEASE NOTE: Dont ever tell me that i need to disable turbo boost , Yes i already try and get stable 2.5-2.79ghz... but i need to lower the settings in my game :( This is so bad , im no buying this laptop to play at lowest setting Better i used My old dell Gt640m laptop to play at lowest setting :(

There are already people report to intel about cpu throttle and they said its because of dell bios...and no of their problem.

DELL PLEASE FIX THIS

Bios 1.6.0 still throttle our i7 7700hq..

I have 3 years warranty!

Please Help thank!

77 Posts

June 7th, 2018 11:00

Throttling is due to the power limits set in the BIOS settings! So even if you revert back to older windows build, it won't work because you can't downgrade the BIOS. Undervolting both the CPU and GPU helps a little bit but the power limit throttling won't go away. Only dell can fix this!

If you want to completely remove the throttling, do the following - 

1)Open Device manager

2)Goto System Devices

3)Remove Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework manager.

4) You have to do this everytime because after restarting laptop, windows will install it again (it only takes around 10 seconds )

By removing the above driver can cause high CPU and GPU temps. so do it at your own risk!!!

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 11th, 2018 15:00

DELL DONT WANT TO FIX THIS ISSUES .

THEIR LATEST PRODUCT DELL 7577 GTX1060 also having the same problem!!!!

What funny things is someones from dell told that dell 7577 GTX1060 is not a gaming laptop!!!

**bleep** GTX1060 is not a gaming laptop??????????

DELL is just too LAZY to fix this issues

THIS PROBLEM HAPPEN BECAUSE OF TDP(THERMAL DESIGN POWER)

I need to undervolt and disable my Dynamic platform & thermal framework with undervolting to get stable 3.3ghz...

BUT I GOT 10fps drop every games.....

i play GTA 5 with high ,very high, only get 45-55FPS

DONT EVER BUY DELL LAPTOP AGAIN, BETTER GET MSI ,ACER ,ILLEGEAR ONYX , LENOVO with GTX1050ti ,

No Events found!