Start a Conversation

Unsolved

LL

9 Posts

June 6th, 2020 21:00

Inspiron 15 7567 recovery image not found

When I try to power on my laptop I get a repeating 3 white blinks which I believe means bios recovery 1 and might be caused by a missing recovery image, but i can't find anything on how to fix this. The laptop does not post and just blinks this. 

4 Operator

• 

5.6K Posts

June 7th, 2020 07:00

Run Dell Diagnostics at bootup.

Make sure you don't have a hardware problem.

July 1st, 2020 16:00

It doesn't post so I don't get the opportunity to run that. At this point, I have done a full CMOS recovery and battery replacement, but the computer still won't boot. What is the next step?

July 1st, 2020 16:00

Also of course I'm getting the same 3 white and 3 amber light pattern.

4 Operator

• 

5.6K Posts

July 1st, 2020 20:00

There is some where an explanation of what the LED flash patterns means. It can be found if you Google for it.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

July 1st, 2020 21:00

It seems you already know what the flashing lights are for..  The explanation is in the Service Manual you can check from the Dell download site.

3,3 Recovery image not found

But I am unclear as to exactly where you are.. Did the system just stop booting and you tried a System recovery?  If the system put you there, is the Dell Support showing any options?  

Do you have any idea what caused the problem originally?

If you tried to change drives, it may be involved.  But the recovery image on that system only includes the OEM parts of a Windows Restore..

No Events found!