Start a Conversation

Unsolved

D

4 Posts

March 15th, 2020 20:00

Inspiron 15 Gaming 7567 - Display port card?

Good day,

I would like to run display port to display port from my gaming monitor to my laptop. Is there an adapter, convertor, docking station that allows for this? (I can't use HDMI - it's a long story) 

My laptop has no DP port. 

1.5K Posts

March 15th, 2020 21:00

Does your notebook have a TB or USB C port that supports Display port?

To get this information you need to log on to support, enter your model number and most importantly Enter your Service Tag Number. 

That will open all the hardware information on your Particular notebook, You should download and read your Service Manual there you will find out how to open your notebook

The Specification Tab will have all your hardware specification and what they support 

March 21st, 2020 13:00

No TB or USB-C unfortunately 

1.5K Posts

March 21st, 2020 13:00

I can't recommend any but some USB docks have Display Link which has some support for multi displays VIA Software.

You'll have to google it I don't have any knowledge on this subject.

You would find these on Amazon or NewEgg or other sales websites.

4 Operator

• 

14K Posts

March 21st, 2020 16:00

@DisturbedIndividual  if you don't have a USB-C/Thunderbolt 3 or actual DisplayPort output, then as @Clintlgm said, a DisplayLink-based adapter is your only option.  However, DisplayLink has some drawbacks that can be pretty significant for certain use cases.  I wrote about them in detail in this thread, specifically the post marked as the answer.  If you don't think those would affect you, then Plugable makes some DisplayLink adapters.  If that's not an option, then you're stuck.  DisplayPort sources can be used to send DisplayPort, HDMI/DVI, and VGA signals, but no other video source type can be used to send a DisplayPort signal.

March 23rd, 2022 18:00

Can you not use the adapters found on amazon for $100ish? Startech makes an adapter to go from USB 3.0 to Display port. Or does the Dell Inspiron 15 Gaming 7567 not support one? As I own one and I'm looking for an adapter.

No Events found!