Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 9th, 2019 10:00

Inspiron 15 gaming 7567 bios does not detect SSD

(Sorry for the lack of preparation an knowlegde on the subject and for grammar errors because english is not my mother language).

I just bought a Kingstone A1000 ssd 480gb NVMe and it seems that i did manage to install Windows on the ssd because  it recognizes it as the local disk, and my loading time seems to have improved but before entering my profile an option always displays 2 different volumes of Windows (one says: volumen 8 and the other: volume 3, from what i've seen volumen 8 is the ssd and volume 3 is the hdd).

But when i check my bios sequence, the only option that appear is Windows boot manager, i 've tried to switch to AHCI but when the laptop boots a test appears with Pcle (or something similar written on the screen) which make a loud noise when it ends and i just cannot enter windows. I've also tried to unplug my hdd but that also doesnt let the laptop run on its own with only the ssd so im really confused.

March 13th, 2019 09:00

As i have said my bios only recognizes Windows boot manager to boot the system so fixed my problema by going to msconfig and then to see the avaible drives that Windows 10 used to recognized to boot itself and i erased the hdd one. Now my lap always starts with the ssd without showing me two options of Windows. Thanks for the help.

I also want to add that in the Drives option of my bios the ssd does appear.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

You might want to explain how you installed Windows on the new M.2 drive.  If you cloned the HDD it might cause problems when left in the system.

The process you used to install show help others see what is happening.

March 9th, 2019 11:00

I intalled Windows 10 on the M.2 ssd via a usb drive with Windows media creation tool. If i remember correctly an option saying do you want to reinstall Windows 10 on the drive(the ssd one) without the apps a personal information.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

March 10th, 2019 07:00

Since the 7567 is a UEFI system, if the other drive was still on the system it probably used the other system partition to add those boot files.  I always disconnect other drives when installing and OS so I make sure the drive is independent.

If you want to try to attach a snipping tool picture of your Disk Management window, maybe we can see for sure how your install is set up.

Some folks have had problems using the M.2 drive with an 2.5 inch SSD, but I never experienced that.  It might take a while for your attachments to become visible to other users, so be patient.

No Events found!