• 

6 Posts

November 3rd, 2022 22:00

isHighlyActiveTopic

Inspiron 16 5620 Touchpad and hitting issue

Inspiron 16 5620

Inspiron 16 5620

Hello team,

I bought a Inspiron 16 5620 laptop 2 week ago, while using I found that my touchpad is not working properly i.e. cursor is lagging and not moving sometime while using touchpad. other than that I found that laptop get hit while using for 2-3 hours.

So I highly request team to pay attention to solve this issues as soon as possible.

Community Manager

• 

2.6K Posts

December 8th, 2023 10:32

Hi all,

As part of our ongoing initiative to boost the visibility of our internal solutions, we're sharing a fix for the touchpad issue. Please update your drivers based on your system configuration and let us know the outcome.

Important: You can utilize SupportAssist or the Dell Update application to identify the appropriate driver for installation.

4 Operator

• 

4K Posts

November 3rd, 2022 23:00

The most common placement is on the F9 key. To re-enable the touchpad on your Dell computer, press the button resembling a TouchPad button and see whether you regain the TouchPad functionality.

1 Message

December 10th, 2022 04:00

I have the same issue. Either it is not working at all, not moving, sometimes the mouse icon was gone or it is too sensitive to move across that clicked or drag as it moved. I found it difficult to use. Any solutions?

Unfortunately, pressing F9 doesn't help in my case.

2 Posts

December 11th, 2022 17:00

Does it help after you re-start your laptop? Will the issue be fixed at least for a while?

1 Message

January 2nd, 2023 04:00

Hi all, I have the same issue with my new 5620 laptop. Neither F9 not restarting do not solve my issue.

I have updated the drivers to the latest version.

Regards,

Burak

1 Message

January 2nd, 2023 14:00

Contact tech support through the chat on the right side bottom of page.  I had this issues and other issues that they were able to help me resolve.  I ended up needing a replacement computer but I had several issues.  When I received the new one I had 1 issue and that was resolved by using the chat.

1 Rookie

• 

6 Posts

January 2nd, 2023 21:00

Hello to all,

I got touchpad replaced by dell support team but after somedays i faced issue like cursor not moving sometimes. i think problem is with surface of the touchpad or like metal used for touchpad. and for hitting issue i am using cooling pad. another main issue about this device is if i am using more than 2 software or applications sometimes it got stuck and any one application do stop responding and not working and i have to close all application and have to restart the application. so in short i'm not kinda happy with overall performance of this device.

so i'm requesting team that i just want to return this device and please help me with that.

January 5th, 2023 14:00

I jjst purchases the Dell Inspiroin 5620 about a month ago.  Touchpad is not working properly - gets stuck or moves on its own.  Restarting the computer does fix the issue, but it starts up again and is intermittent so it is hard to trouble shoot.  How do I go about getting this fixed?

• 

17K Posts

January 11th, 2023 05:00

JonathanGadbois,

Click the Get Help Now icon on the right side of this thread for help resolving the issue.

1 Message

February 27th, 2023 16:00

I have this problem too and it just keeps getting worse. The keyboard won't even work correctly and will jump to random places on the screen. Rebooting the system helps for about 10 minutes and then it starts again ... mouse moving randomly or jumping, not able to select or it selects unintended items, etc. I've owned a lot of Dells and this is by far my worst computer ever ... so much so that I may never buy another. If I could return it at this point I would do it in a heartbeat.

• 

17K Posts

February 28th, 2023 02:00

IrishJedi

To receive assistance from Dell support, they need to verify the warranty status and ownership. Click the"Get help now" icon on the
right to start a live chat session. Provide to them the private Service Tag and all of your troubleshooting.

1 Message

April 22nd, 2023 06:00

Was your problem fixed by Dell ? I am also facing same problem now , It's soo irritating !

1 Rookie

• 

6 Posts

April 22nd, 2023 21:00

Hi Alok,

They replaced the touchpad and it's working okay but still sometime it's get stuck while dragging i think it's because of the surface metal of the touchpad and about hitting issue they fixed nothing but i started using cooling fan pad so it reduce the hitting and keep it in control.

1 Rookie

• 

6 Posts

April 30th, 2023 13:00

I too am having the same touchpad problems as everyone else. My Inspiron 16-5620 is only a few months old, and I now see why it was so heavily discounted at the time. It's by far the worst laptop I've ever owned. The touchpad is now so unreliable that it's completely unusable, and furthermore you can't use USB-C to connect the laptop to a monitor because it constantly disconnects/reconnects (plenty of discussion about that issue on these forums as well). If I could return this I would. I'd consider sending this to Dell for repairs, but one of the previous posts confirms what I suspect -- they don't have a fix and it'd be a waste of my time. I don't feel like I can trust Dell anymore if this is the kind of quality control they have now.

12 Posts

May 4th, 2023 15:00

Now, this is unlikely but it is possible your screen needs attention. I would recommend getting it looked at.

No Events found!