Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 1st, 2018 06:00

Inspiron 3452 HDD Upgrade Options ?

Are there any HDD upgrade options for this computer? It came with the tiny 32GB Hynix HBG4e drive which from what I can discover is soldered onto the motherboard? True?

Yes, I know the user made a bad choice but it did work fine for a while. I've gone around and around trying to clear space on the drive (and used the temp USB trick for the Win10 update process) but even that fails to allow any updates even  though there is NOTHING on the drive except Win10.

She's only had it just over a year and I'd hate to think it's already a doorstop.

10 Elder

• 

23.2K Posts

November 1st, 2018 06:00

There is no internal upgrade - you can add a flash card for storage or use an external USB hard drive for more storage, but there's no way to upgrade the internal storage.  The e in eMMC means embedded - the SSD is soldered to the mainboard, and there is no connector for any other drive inside the system.

13 Posts

November 2nd, 2018 07:00

Thanks for the information. I've tried twice to get this information from DELL Technical Support, but they won't talk to me as the warranty has expired and a simple answer requires payment in advance.

I've already built a Linux boot USB to give that a try and if that fails, I'll go see what sort of deal I can get from Lenovo for a replacement :)

No Events found!