Start a Conversation

Unsolved

MG

1 Message

August 6th, 2020 06:00

Inspiron 3520, PD charging?

Does the Dell Inspiron 3520 support PD charging?

August 6th, 2020 10:00

What? That laptop doesn't even have USB-C. How can it have PD charging... And no you can't charge it through USb because the maximum a USB 2.0 has 2.5W which is not enough to charge any laptop.

August 21st, 2020 02:00

I found adapters on ebay and other sites.  I've been using one for about a year now.  Works great.  You just need to properly identify what connector you need.

Since you asked if it has PD charging in the first place I'm going to play it safe and assume you don't know a lot about this stuff.  If you do get an adapter, it will require a USB-C PD charger that outputs 20v, and not all do.  Your phone's charger won't work, or any PD charger that doesn't output 20v.  I know, that is pretty obvious stuff, but you'd be shocked how many times I see people get confused about that.

Of course, if you go with the adapter, I can't promise nothing bad will happen.  I've had no problems and if the adapter is correctly made it should work great, but buyer-be-ware.  And it should be obvious Dell won't like that solution, or anything else not involving Dell branded parts.

No Events found!