Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

2 Posts

March 10th, 2019 12:00

Inspiron 5548 BIOS problems

Is it possible that I'm the only one suffering with Dell's BIOS updates. My 4 year old Inspiron 5548 has been running BIOS A07 for some time fairly stable, the only exception being that from time to time the USB port where I have my mouse dongle locks up - running BIOS diagnostics restes the port and it works again for some months.

DELL update assistant kept prompting me when A08 became available and I installed it  - total disaster. This created a series of problems which were only resolved when I rolled back to A07.

Just recently the update assistant insisted I needed to update to A09 and I thought, why not? Surely DELL has resolved the problems with A08. So I updated with no errors BUT an unusable PC. No external mouse and neither EDGE nor Chrome would run, only Internet Explorer. PC only operating at a snail´s pace. So I went back to A07 and instant resolution of all the new problems caused by A09.

So now I've definitely learned my lesson - no more BIOS upgrades for this PC until it dies a natural death. 

No Responses!
No Events found!