Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

March 14th, 2018 19:00

Inspiron 5559 touchpad buttons not working

I'm using a dell inspiron i5 5559 laptop. My touchpad buttons stopped working all of a sudden. The touchpad works fine but only the left and right click buttons or not working.I searched many online forums and tried numerous methods but none of them worked. I updated the drivers and tried but its in vain. My OS is Windows 10.Can anyone suggest what should I do about this? Thanks in advance

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

March 15th, 2018 03:00

Hi june7,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.

If you haven't already done so, please try performing a systems diagnostics by either pressing F12 at startup or by running Dell Support Assist.

Here is some information from the Forum you may find helpful:

Touchpad function missing on Dell Inspiron 15 5559

And information from the Dell knowledge base:

How to Use and Troubleshoot the Inspiron 15 (5559)

3 Posts

March 15th, 2018 04:00

Hi.I updated Windows 10 on my laptop and when I turned it on.it tells me trying to install windows update.after which it changes and tells me.that it is restoring previous version of Windows.when I change boot option to UEFI it says no boot device found. Please help.

March 27th, 2019 09:00

After trying out all the methods available on internet , I finally found out a solution to this problem. Dowload the System Bios driver for Dell Inspiron 5559 from the Dell website and install it. While installing, your laptop will restart and the problem will be fixed.

2 Posts

June 7th, 2020 18:00

I have this very same problem. I searched the internet for hours. Finally, I found someone who said the battery will swell and won't allow the buttons to work properly. I took my back cover off and sure enough, the battery is swollen. I ordered a new battery today and expect the problem will be resolved. It is a lot easier to find now by searching swollen dell battery and touchpad button issue. I didn't realize that swollen batteries are 1) such a problem and 2) potentially dangerous. Best of luck. 

No Events found!