Start a Conversation

Unsolved

T

3 Posts

August 16th, 2019 02:00

Inspiron 5559 windows upgrade to 1309 problem

Hi,

I was forced to upgrade to Windows 10 1903 this morning. It took 3+ hours and was successfully completed (thank god for that !!). 

However, on reboot, the machine goes into Automatic Recovery loop. The only way I can boot it in Windows is thru F12 (Boot Menu) options where I select the Bootable hard drive. 

Any pointers on how to get out of the automated recovery loop (without a PC reset) would be appreciated. 

If you want any more details on the config , let me know and I shall update the post. 

My Service Tag is

-- Thanks in advance. 

3 Posts

August 16th, 2019 03:00

On further R&D, I was able to bypass the Automatic Repair loop by changing the boot sequence in the BIOS. Seems like the default choice (Windows Boot Manager) config seems to have some issue / corruption. I changed that default to boot from first hard drive (which I thought should be the same) and the machine now boots without getting into Automatic Repair. However, I am not sure if this will be the status when next upgrade happens (i.e. if Microsoft changes the boot sequence again next time around). So now the issue seems to be how do I update the Windows Boot Manager config / repair it in order to revert to the default boot sequence as it was working before the upgrade this morning.
No Events found!