Start a Conversation

Unsolved

V

1 Message

June 8th, 2019 06:00

Inspiron 5570 15" Upgrade from Non-Backlit Keyboard to Backlit Keyboard Issues

Hi, Yesterday I upgraded it my keyboard from a non-backlit to backlit (laptop shipping with both lit and non back lit). Since then, I'm experiencing a couple of issues. First and foremost, the WiFi has stopped working. While the device shows up in device manager, I cannot turn WiFi on, on Windows 10; it automatically turns off again. Secondly, the back light does not work on the keyboard, but that's expected, I read that the BIOS must support it as well. Is there a way to enable this on my current BIOS? Do I need to install something else from the backlit version? I was also faced with the issue that whenever I was trying to shut down my computer it would technically just sign me out. I solved this by turning off Fast Boot or whatever it's called on windows power management. P.S.: I've never had any problems whatsoever the 1 year + I've been using this laptop, everything started after changing the keyboard. I did not change the keyboard myself, just because I didn't want the responsibility of doing any damage. I did however, while trying to troubleshoot the NIC, opened up the laptop myself, made sure the WiFi NIC is properly plugged in and I even unplugged it and plugged it back again to be sure. P.P.S.: I do not trust anyone with my laptop, especially when it comes to software, so getting the laptop back at the shop is something I'm not willing to do.
No Responses!
No Events found!