Start a Conversation

Unsolved

G

1 Message

April 11th, 2019 08:00

Inspiron 5570, Windows Store, DMC

I've tried to install DMC (Dell Mobile Connect) app from the Windows Store. I have a Dell Inspiron 5570. The recent one. But the Windows Store says the app isn't compatible with the device? I've tried to install from other sources, but isn't possible.

4 Operator

• 

5.6K Posts

April 11th, 2019 10:00

@GeoNeo77 wrote:
I've tried to install dell mobile connect app, from windows store, i have a dell inspiron, the recent one, but windows store says the app isn't compatible with the device. i've tried to install from other sources, but isn't posible.

Search for Dell Mobile Connect on these forums.

There are other posts on this being a problem. 

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

April 11th, 2019 11:00

There are very specific requirements for this app that is for Smart Phone to wireless PC integration. Doesn't seem too useful for most folks.

Product Requirements: Available on Dell consumer XPS, Inspiron, Vostro, and Alienware PCs with Bluetooth purchased in January 2018 or later. PCs purchased before January 2018 are not supported to ensure the highest level of quality you expect from Dell. Expanding to machines purchased before January 2018 is under investigation. Companion mobile app is compatible with iOS 10 and above and Android 6 and above.

No guarantee that this app will work on all android devices

See the full info-- https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/dell-mobile-connect/ab/dell-mobile-connect

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

April 11th, 2019 13:00

* Uninstall all references to DMC (Dell Mobile Connect) in Programs & Features

* When finished, restart the PC

* Once back into Windows, run Windows Update ( Start- Settings- Update & Security- Windows Update). Let it install all updates it finds

* When done, restart the PC

* Download/install this version of DMC

* Download/install the Microsoft Store app

4 Posts

April 18th, 2020 04:00

Followed instructions.

Now in the Windows store when I try to install app it asks me for a Redeem Code and underneath says it is still not compatible.  What is the problem please?

No Events found!