Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

K

April 24th, 2018 06:00

Inspiron 5570 fan noise

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone has a similar problem, continuously loud fan noise when my Inspiron 5570 is charging (even when it is at 100%), which I find very disturbing.

The interesting point is, though, that when I plug the charger off fans stop working.

Is this a known problem? Any suggestions on how to fix it?

Thank you!

• 

17K Posts

April 24th, 2018 07:00

kartal1903,

Below are some links to help resolve fan noise on your laptop.

Resolving noise issues on your Dell laptop

Troubleshooting fan noise

Fan

If you need us to perform additional troubleshooting with you.  Please send me a Private Message and provide your system service tag number as well as your name, address, phone number and email address for further support assistance if it is needed. 

21 Posts

April 24th, 2018 12:00

hi @kartal1903

my opinion is that the 5570 design is simply bad.

I've had two (not one) brand new 5570 and they have the behaviour you're describing out of the box.

unplugging power changes this since windows policy turns to "passive", meaning that the processor will be scaled down as possible instead of spinning the fan.

no one at dell will tell you "we simply designed a system in an imbecile way" but that's indeed the truth.

hope this helps

CB

April 26th, 2018 08:00

Hi,

When I'm trying to update the BIOS, the updates are downloaded but they never start installing.

Moreover, whenever I try to take the full diagnostics test, I confront the following error: "There was an issue running diagnostics."

The problem is still there. As soon as I plug in the charger to the laptop, I get very loud fan noise.

1 Message

June 4th, 2018 17:00

Hello, has anyone found a solution to this issue? I have the same problem.

Thanks.

21 Posts

June 5th, 2018 10:00

hi @kater832

I'm afraid I did not.

Changing the heat management to passive (from windows settings) helps but lowers the performances. Buying an i7 with 16GB of ram to lower the performances, sets me on fire as a concept.

The only solution I've embraced is: NEVER BUY DELL AGAIN
I've always bought and recommended dell, but now I'm discouraging everyone (both in person and on social media).

CB

3 Posts

July 8th, 2018 07:00

I had a similar issue with a Dell Inspiron 5570 CPU (Intel Core i5 8250U - Kaby Lake-R) overheating.  Using "Core Temp v1.12.1" software on Windows and running Dell SupportAssist "Scan Hardware", the CPU reached 99 Celsius and the fan was working overtime.

The following changes failed to resolve the problem:

• Windows "Processor Power Management" change to 75%
  • Turn off TurboBoost in BIOS

In desperation, I attempted to log a call with Dell Support, but as it was a Sunday, I had to wait until a working day.

I then downloaded and installed the following tools from Intel:

• Intel Extreme Tuning - Windows 64 bit
  • Intel Management Engine - Windows 64 bit

I created a profile in Intel Extreme Tuning using all the default settings and the CPU heat and fan problem has been resolved.  My guess is Windows 10 is failing on the "Processor Power Management".

Second Performance Test Results

• Dell SupportAssist "Scan Hardware" to create CPU workload
  • Intel Tools Installed (as listed above)
  • Windows "Processor Power Management" changed to 100%
  • Core Temp v1.12.1 to monitor CPU cores
  • Result was a reduction in CPU Power consumption of around 4 Watts for all 4 cores, and the temperature of the cores ranged between 55 and 72 Celsius (as compared to a peak of 99 Celsius with the standard Windows Management).

I would recommend professional support for the Intel Tools – I just do not want to be responsible for breaking your laptop.

3 Posts

July 14th, 2018 07:00

Update

• The Dell Inspiron 5570 is now cool to touch at all times. Before the changes, the Inspiron generated significant heat on the underside of the device.
  • CPU power consumption and temperature is significantly lower.  Repeats of the tests above show even lower core temperatures with high CPU workload.
  • Zero fan noise as there is no significant cooling required on the device
  • TurboBoost is still disabled in BIOS – further testing required as this was enabled at purchase

4 Posts

August 9th, 2018 05:00

I buy a new dell 5570 i7 from 72 hours i open it on dos i face high fan sound then it come with ubnto os , same loud sound then i format it and install windows 10 same loud i do all driver installation from dell 5570 offical web site same loud! is it a problem should i go back to my seller? or there is some thing can fix it even if i don't run any program you can hear the fan sound form other room i update bios and run diagnostic no error please help me, i pay arround 1000 usd to buy this machine not to get that noise Smiley Sad it kills me.

shoud I return it back or this loud is normal ?

October 17th, 2018 22:00

I have the same problem , no solution for this due to the bad laptop design .  All solutions will require slowing down your laptop which is already extremely slow.  I think 5570 is the worst laptop ever.

1 Message

October 20th, 2018 10:00

Hi There, 

I bought a Dell inspiron 5570  i7 16gb 2tb hdd about a month back. All I would say is that it simply is a very bad design. Have the same problem with the loud fan speed noise. MY local Dell dealer didn't bother to even respond to my calls. Will never buy a Dell again...

January 24th, 2019 20:00

received my Inspiron 5570 last night. 

found a video on youtube that suggested turning the max CPU usage to 60% (through the advanced battery usage options tab). Been a day now, fan hasn't run a single time - worked like a charm. 

1 Message

May 8th, 2019 18:00

i also have the similar fan noise problem. whenever i plug in the charger the fan starts making big noise which is irritating so much so guys

did you solve that problem? tell me if you have solved it..

1 Message

November 8th, 2019 00:00

Hey mate, I have followed what you did here and I stressed test my CPU and it hits 89 Celsius at max and average about 85 Celsius. Is this normal?

4 Posts

January 3rd, 2020 17:00

I have the same problem. The Dell Suport sent a technician twice and he changed the FAN and the problem continues. The second time, exactly today,  the technician changed the "technical folder" too and nothing changed. My warranty is finishing and I really need to know what to do. I will never buy products from Dell again. 

4 Posts

January 3rd, 2020 18:00

My notebook is always with a hard FAN noise and very hot. The Dell Suport sent a technician twice and he changed the FAN but the problem continues. The second time, exactly today, the technician changed the FAN and "technical folder" too and nothing changed. My warranty is finishing and I really need to know what to do. Someone had solved this problem and can help me? I will never buy products from Dell again.
No Events found!