Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

4 Posts

April 5th, 2020 11:00

Inspiron 5593 - Keyboard keys not working at times

I purchased the new Dell Inspiron 5593, i5 a month back.

Recently i have started noticing issues with few keys in the lower end of the inbuilt keyboard.

Keys such as the spacebar, b, n, right, left, down and 2 in the numberpad aren't working occasionally. It's more like they freeze and require multiple attempts to get them to work. and even then it runs on one tap ( e.g when i tap b once it appears as 'bbbb' on screen.

I tried updating the bios, checking for the status of keyboard through f12 mode. it works fine when i'm troubleshooting as well.

It's really frustrating when i'm constantly working.

@Anonymous

Any help on this would be appreciated. Thanks.

12 Posts

May 25th, 2020 10:00

Thanks alot  for the help from dell side ,

I received an driver update this morning after that the laptop is working perfectly 

All keys started working properly 

2 Posts

May 25th, 2020 21:00

I faced the same issue. 'n', 'b', spacebar, '/' and down arrow key wasn't working. Just uninstall the HID Event filter driver. IT FIXES EVERYTHING. DO NOT DOWNLOAD IT. It worked like a charm. I don't know know why have they even given that driver. It's useless. Only causes problems. I had a torrid time these past few days.

1 Message

May 28th, 2020 09:00

Hello,

I have the same problem ! Where can I find this updated driver ?

Thanks a lot!

1 Message

June 1st, 2020 00:00

Hi, i am currently experiencing the same exact problem with my 5593!!! ive done everything and nothing works, can anyone help me please?? it gets soo annoying everytime i need to use my laptop for work and it really causes delay cant work properly.

4 Operator

• 

4K Posts

June 1st, 2020 03:00

You could try to see if its just a corrupted driver. Go into Device Manager and uninstall the driver for the keyboard and reboot and driver will reinstall and see if that fixes it. Otherwise its most likely a bad keyboard and will need replacing. 

247 Posts

June 23rd, 2020 12:00

Interesting that it works fine on flat surface, I have noticed with mine that sometimes I pick it up from one corner usually the left bottom next to touchpad and sometimes it registers a left click. I am wondering if there is so much flex in bottom that it affects the keyboard as well? 

2 Posts

July 21st, 2020 04:00

This Dell Inspiron 5593 has key issue after 3 months. The keys are 'n', 'b', space, left/right arrow. Googled it, this issue happen to lots of people, Dell should address this problem and give an answer.

This keyboard issue affects lots of people. The keys some times work, some time not.

This is not drivers issue. This is hardware issue. I guess all Dell Inspiron 5593 will experience this issue after 3 to 4 months regular usage.

Dell, please fix this specific issue.

6 Posts

July 21st, 2020 10:00

'Ive got very similar problems with keyboard to ones you described. Even with similar keys but from the lower part of keyboard (including Spacebar, shift, n,2,e, etc)

6 Posts

July 21st, 2020 13:00

Hi,

I've got very similar problems with keyboard to ones you described. Even with similar keys but from the lower part of keyboard (including enter, shift, ctrl, alt, z, c, b, n, m, etc.) I have done everything, removed the Keyboard Driver, installed updated files, still i am facing the issue, at time it works fine, at times it burn my blood. Felt like i have robbed, under covid19 - Despite salary deduction, i bought this laptop - to work from Home, 

DELL i have spent over $950 on this laptop. Haven't completed even a month.

1 Message

July 28th, 2020 18:00

My son has a 5593 with similar problems. I was going to replace the keyboard myself, but he managed to order the wrong part.  Lucky for me, because there is no YouTube video for keyboard replacement on this model, and the Dell manual indicated that I would basically have to disassemble the entire computer to get to the keyboard.  One of the other threads on this topic included comments from someone who plowed through the task and reported that the keyboard was held in place by melted plastic welds, so I am not going to attempt the task.

From reading through this thread and another on this same issue, it seems that there is no reliable solution.  Even having the keyboard replaced by Dell does not ensure that the replacement will not develop the same problem within a few months.  This is clearly a defective product, so it would be in Dell's best interest to provide a solution, even if that means replacing these defective 5593's with a different model.

4 Posts

August 2nd, 2020 23:00

it did not really help!

4 Posts

August 2nd, 2020 23:00

Could you please elaborate  on the update and post it here @Jay1930 

12 Posts

August 3rd, 2020 02:00

It was a normal driver update after which for few weeks my keyboard started working But again it started giving same issue so I called dell for it and replaced my keyboard

272 Posts

August 3rd, 2020 03:00

It seems you have tried to tend to this issue if it were caused by misplaced software code.

But this is out of the case now as you have tried to repair the issue from the BIOS.

I suggest you try to get the keyboard checked by "Dell guys".

If the device is under warranty then dell would replace/repair the part for free.

1 Message

August 13th, 2020 10:00

I also have the same problem with this model that I use virtual Keyboard to write my reply. Space button, n letter, b letter, 2 from numbers side and arrows not working most of the times.

No Events found!