Start a Conversation

Unsolved

I

21 Posts

February 1st, 2021 05:00

Inspiron 5770 Overheating Problem

I have a bad overheating issue with my laptop.

SO far I have replaced the SSD to Samsung 970 PRO 1TB

Changed Thermal Paste Arctic MX-4

Upgraded to 32GB RAM

Nothing has helped and very upset that i have spent £600+ to fix this problem now.

Can anyone recommend any software or solution, at this point i just want to leave dell and buy a Asus Ryzen Laptop

151 Posts

February 2nd, 2021 06:00

What about the overheating problem?
Don't go to far down in BIOS version, it also a security risk because of not installed patches!

What are your cine-bench R15 values? If your system is throttling a lot because of overheating you can see it back in your R15 values. 

The day after I repast the CPU with  Arctic MX-4 I got a CPU value of 789, now after a couple of month it's around 550 (I have reduced the turbo power because because I don't like a loud fan on my desk, you have to find a compromise between loud/fast and silence/slower)

February 3rd, 2021 05:00

I think I might just reinstall Windows.

February 3rd, 2021 10:00

UPDATE:

I had used the original 128GB SSD Dell provided originally in the PC today and noticed in throttlestop the offsets were on 0.000volts

So I then removed the SSD and HDD and re-installed the BIOS.

And then realised when updating I got a Intel Firmware Management Error. 0xx002236 something like that.

Any ideas why it keeps failing on Intel management thingy??

151 Posts

February 3rd, 2021 12:00

No, sorry

Searched the internet but your combination Intel Firmware Management and Error. 0x002236 triggered nothing....

Which BIOS version did you try? Maybe you have to use another (latest) and see what happend?

February 4th, 2021 01:00

I used the BIOS 1.1.8.

Could that error interfere with my ThrottleStop.

Installed that thing called Intel XTU but did not work. The voltage offsets were all locked up for me.

February 4th, 2021 03:00

Updated to BIOS 1.1.9.

then the voltage offset in throttle stop changed!!!!

6.JPG

im going to re bench my computer in cinebench.

and all i can say now is A SPECIAL THANK YOU!!

February 4th, 2021 06:00

One last thing...

How is your "speed shift on 2" mine is on 128.

How do I get mine that low. Apparently the lower the faster.

151 Posts

You're welcome Happy programming from Holland!

151 Posts

Click on the 128 and you can change the nummer (not the best UI, but it works)! B.t.w: Speed Shift – EPP operates with values between 0-255, where 0 means the CPU will prefer its maximum frequency (into the turbo range, assuming you have not checked “disable turbo”), and 255 means the system will prefer running the CPU at its lowest base clocks. That doesn't mean "the lower the faster". If necessary the CPU can always reach the maximum frequency, but it takes a few milliseconds extra. It more: "the lower > (little) more responsive" Very nice to see that your voltages are adjustable again!
No Events found!