Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 28th, 2019 11:00

Inspiron 7370, integrated webcam not focusing

I've only now opened up the webcam after having the Inspiron 7370 8 months to find that the webcam does not focus more than 2 inches away from the lens. Basically it is on a fixed focal point 2 inch from camera.  I've tried all the Dell Assist diagnostics, updated drivers, BIOS, etc. all report the camera is working fine. Clearly it is not. I searched the web for solutions but they involve looking at Device Manager under Imaging Devices and the camera is not listed there. Called basic support and they did a remote diagnostic and couldn't come up with anything better than, "you need to be closer to the camera". Seriously?

Anyone find a fix? Help!

3 Posts

October 31st, 2019 05:00

I'm still waiting for the call back from corporate. "1 to 2" days has now turned into more than a week. I can't seem to speak to anyone in the US. Even Twitter results in a message from India.

After two Return to Depot services, they ended up sending an onsite technician who replaced the LCD assembly which fixed the webcam issue.

2 Intern

• 

1.5K Posts

August 28th, 2019 19:00

This does sound like a software issue especially if the camera does not show up in Device manager. It also could well be a hardware issue. I usually just keep calling back Tech support until I get a tech that seems to have a clue about my notebook. One other thing you might try is installing the latest Intel IO driver that driver controls a lot of HID devices in windows 10

• 

25.7K Posts

August 28th, 2019 22:00

Hello, I’m your Dell virtual assistant. I see you've opened a thread. In order for me to review your system configuration, may I have the Service Tag / Express Service Code sent to us via Private Message. Refer the below link to find the Service Tag:

https://dell.to/2NBkU9a

3 Posts

September 5th, 2019 07:00

Thanks for your suggestions. I finally got in touch with someone above the "basic" level tech and after trying everything remotely (updating drivers, BIOS, and even factory resetting) they are having me send it for repair. Thankfully it's still under warranty.

No Events found!