Start a Conversation

Unsolved

LL

9 Posts

June 1st, 2020 14:00

Inspiron 7567 power button motherboard connector broken (replacement?)

I have an Inspiron 7567 with a broken power button connector on the motherboard. It has been totally removed and looks to be a 4 pin connector for a ribbon cable. It can be re-soldered but the port itself has been chipped. Where can i find another one? it doesn't have to be the part itself, but maybe there are some things smaller and cheaper than the entire motherboard that have the same connector that I could remove and place on my own motherboard.

10 Elder

• 

24.8K Posts

June 1st, 2020 14:00

Just about the only option other than replacing the mainboard is to find someone selling an otherwise dead board from the same (or a very similar) model, and harvest the connector.  Even at that, you're likely looking at least a couple of hundred dollars in labor with a shop capable of doing the work correctly (i.e., it's not a job for a hack with a soldering iron).

June 27th, 2020 19:00

This is the OP here, but in case someone finds this post, you can buy another power button pcb which is about 20$ and the connector on it is identical. Soldering is going to be impossible with connections that small, but you may be able to put it on with conductive epoxy (nickel or silver). I haven't tried it yet but I will update the post in about a week.

No Events found!