Start a Conversation

Unsolved

K

7 Posts

September 25th, 2019 09:00

Inspiron 7567 turns back ON when unplugged

If I close and open the lid quickly, the laptop will sleep/shut down and the power button will not work. Sometimes, even though I have a cooling pad and the laptop can usually handle hours of gaming, the laptop will shut down randomly within 30 minutes of starting a game.

Here's the weird part: after these unexpected shutdowns, if I unplug the power cord and wait 30 seconds without pressing any buttons, the laptop will turn itself back ON. Why do these shutdowns happen, why does the power button stop working, and why does unplugging the power fix it?

3 Posts

May 18th, 2020 14:00

I have the same problem, I even factory reset, re install windows, and update the BIOS and the problem persist. I added RAM memory a couple of months ago, so I don't know if this may be related.

Did you found a way to solve it?

Thank you!

1.5K Posts

May 18th, 2020 19:00

Turn off a fast startup, in your Power configuration. Set your Power button the 'shut down. set your Lid Close to shut down Actually you should shut down before closing your lid. Your not saving much if any time using Hybrid sleep or sleep or Hibernation, A quality SSD will boot up fast enough. 

7 Posts

May 19th, 2020 09:00

I actually added ram to mine as well, but I think I tried removing it and the problem persists....

7 Posts

May 19th, 2020 17:00

When I do both of those things, and I unplug the power, the computer starts again even if I leave the lid closed. I can tell because it lights up and my mouse lights up too.

1.5K Posts

May 19th, 2020 20:00

That's all I got, Maybe someone else has better ideas

3 Posts

October 3rd, 2020 09:00

Hi!

I had this problem. Replace the cable inbetween the battery and the motherboard.

Hope this helps!

7 Posts

October 4th, 2020 13:00

Thank you!! Do you have a link to the part or maybe a name for it that I can search?

7 Posts

October 11th, 2020 13:00

I purchased the cable and replaced it, sorry to say that this did not fix my problem. Thanks anyways!

3 Posts

October 12th, 2020 05:00

Sorry to hear that.

I read somewhere others had had luck changing the power button to 'sleep' instead of shutdown, and closing the lid 'sleep's also.

Also, if you shutdown while plugged into AC, it doesn't start back up.

I think it has something to do with the BIOS and it's sleep states being messed up slightly. Sadly, despite there being an option in the bios you can allow downgrades you can't revert to a previous bios so I couldn't test.

No Events found!