Start a Conversation

Unsolved

KD

1 Message

September 18th, 2019 17:00

Inspiron 7573 2-in-1 Touchpad issue

For several months, my touchpad has been behaving erratically. Every few days, the screen cursor disappears. When I restart the computer, the touchpad is able to move around and click things but I am no longer able to use multiple fingers to scroll or zoom. In addition, when this problem occurs, my cursor also randomly moves to the left whenever I am typing. Typically, after a few days, the touchpad will return to normal operation, but then return to the erratic state a few days later.  I checked the drivers each time this problem happens, and it appears that the PS/2 mouse driver is working properly, but that the HID compliant touchpad is a hidden driver because 'the touchpad isn't connected to the computer', which it very clearly is. 

Some notes about my computer: It was purchased in August 2018. The screen was replaced early this year after being damaged. A few weeks ago, I was having a similar disappearing driver problem with the wifi network adapter, but this problem was fixed when I updated the BIOS software. 

I would appreciate any assistance on how to solve this problem. 

June 11th, 2020 16:00

did you resolve this? I have had the same problem. It was fixed once by a service visit - I believe he uninstalled and then when it booted up it reinstalled properly but now a year later, the problem is back again.

June 16th, 2020 14:00

I have had the exact same issue. It was resolved once and the BestBuy tech mentioned something about the driver (it didn't exist?!) but now the issue has come back and has lasted longer than it has in the past. I can't even seem to find a driver for the trackpad even if I wanted to uninstall and update it. 

2 Posts

July 4th, 2020 17:00

Your notebook should be grounded, this is static eletricity, if you take out from the energy plug, you will se your touchpad work wonders, your charger should be original and with the ground plug.

If you buy a not original energy source, at least se if it is grounded!

Carlos Macho, From Curitiba Brazil! Cheers!

No Events found!