Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 25th, 2020 08:00

Inspiron 7580: processor fan stopped working... 0511 validation code 72736

Hi, Today all of a sudden fan stopped working and on startup support assist diagnosed error code 0511 mentioning fan failed to respond correctly. Initially bios version was 1.9.0 which was later upgraded to 1.10.0. This has not resolved issue. Anyone has faced similar issue or know possible solution? Thanks for your help. P.s. Laptop is up to date with all updates and runs Windows 10.

April 26th, 2020 05:00

Issue is resolved.

I opened back cover to see if there is anything obstructing fan and indeed found that fan was stuck but with no visible dust. Manually rotated it and it worked. All diagnostic test came out ok. 

Thank you.

2 Intern

• 

1.5K Posts

April 25th, 2020 09:00

Contact Dell Support for warranty work. if no warranty 

To get this information you need to log on to support, enter your model number, and most importantly Enter your Service Tag Number. 

That will open all the hardware information on your Particular notebook, You should download and read your Service Manual there you will find out how to open your notebook.

there should be a section on replacing the CPU Fan. Parts from Parts-People or eBay

April 25th, 2020 21:00

Thanks for your quick reply

Laptop is out of warranty now by few months. 

Does this error and validation code mean fan needs replacement or there is a chance that due to some BIOS related issue it has stopped working. Anything that can be done to check?

2 Intern

• 

1.5K Posts

April 25th, 2020 22:00

Well, you could reinstall the last BIOS that the fans worked under. Not sure that will do anything but its simple to do. I don't think you're having a BIOS Issue, I think it just as the error message told you your Fan has failed.

Download the BIOS File, Extract it to a USB thumb Drive

Boot F2 that will open your BIOS you should find a BIOS Flash tool. I don't know what yours will look like on the Dell I have a link that Says to Flash an older BIOS,  Click and browse to the BIOS file. It will load.

No Events found!