Spavatch
1 Nickel

Re: Dell G5 5587 Waves Maxx Audio doesn't work after update

Mr Dell-SreejithR, any luck with the solution?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tag29
1 Nickel

Re: Inspiron G5 15-5587, Speakers volume very low

I have the exact same problem. I bought a brand new Dell Inspiron G7 i7-8750H laptop with MaxxAudio just 2 days ago. Even volume at max (100) sounds too low. When I run the Sound Test from the MaxxAudio Pro app, the speakers sound really good and loud but I never get even half of that quality otherwise. I am so disappointed that something as fundamental as sound is not up to the mark with Dell. Hope there is a quick solution to this problem. Otherwise I have no choice but to return this laptop

Tag29
1 Nickel

Even the seller admitted that there is a problem with low audio on Dell Inspiron G series laptops. So I had to return it. Hope Dell fixes the problem soon and updates here. 

0 Kudos
The6er
1 Nickel

Same problem here, test in Maxx audio showcases just how good the speakers are. In every other application, they're extremely quiet. Any ETA on a driver fix?

0 Kudos
Mark Mark 2
1 Copper

Having the same problem with my Inspiron G5 15-5587, with Waves MaxxAudio not working at all. At this point my Inspiron 7577 sounds much better and this is pretty disappointing given that they are essentially the same machine. Please fix Dell!

0 Kudos
Mark Mark 2
1 Copper

Has there been any word on a resolution yet? The Waves MaxxAudio on my G5 5587 is still not working and at this point my 7577 sounds better.

This is especially disappointing as they are essentially the same machine. Please fix this Dell!

kartercas
1 Copper

Yes, I have the same issue for some months now!
0 Kudos
TacoFerris
1 Nickel

Is there still no ETA for the update? Is the concerned team still working on it? 

I've noticed that the driver page now only offers MaxAudioPro (Version: 1.1.21.0 ,A01), an older version.

Would the older version work again? But the application still leads to Microsoft Store with the latest version (1.1.131.0).

0 Kudos

I am afraid, we do not have an update on the new drivers yet. However, we tried a couple of older drivers & they seem to work fine. These drivers worked on multiple models. Please try installing the older version from the Dell Support site.

Dell-SreejithR
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

TacoFerris
1 Nickel

Thanks a lot, I didn't notice that you're offering the older Realtek driver now too.

I installed it and the sound is finally back to normal with MaxxAudio working Smiley Happy

0 Kudos