Start a Conversation

Unsolved

SK

1 Message

November 12th, 2019 12:00

Inspiron G7 17-7790, no AlienFX devices detected

I have bought a brand new Dell G7 17 laptop and this is literally the first day I am using it. I am getting the "no Alienware FX devices detected [etc.]" error message and the FX tab does not appear.

I have tried McScruffy's work around found on https://www.dell.com/community/Alienware/17-R5-no-supported-AlienFX-devices-were-detected/td-p/7305417/page/7

I got to step 10 but still didnt work in the admin account, so I did not proceed with the other last steps to configure it to my user account. When I restart the computer and load up AWCC for the first time, it shows the FX tab and a more detailed interface in the background whilst the app is loading, but as soon as it has loaded, the error message appears and the tab and interface disappear completely, reverting to a much simpler AWCC with only two tabs.

Seems rather frustrating seeing as this is a new laptop (which I have other gripes about considering it took almost a month to get to me due to sevel failed delivery attempts because of poor communication between Dell and the third party delivery company and me, but that is a different story), and I cannot customise my backlit keys.

It appears this issue is affecting a lot of people and has been for months. Is there still no proper fix for this? I mean, I can live with it because it's just colour of the keys, but at the end of the day, if you spend over a grand on a new rig, you expect the software on it to work right?

Anyways, sorry about the moan, but can anyone help?

1 Message

November 17th, 2019 17:00

I have the same issue as well as other gripes. Sending my laptop back and looking at another make. Over 1k for this laptop and it's full of software bugs.

December 20th, 2019 10:00

I have the same laptop and im experiencing similar challenges. Did you manage to find a workaround?

1 Message

December 22nd, 2019 06:00

I have the same issue, this laptop is full of issues, and its quite bad since I've paid over £1600 on it.. it gets frozen if it ever gets to low battery, cs go is running with LAG!!!! and i can't use alienware cc.. not to moan, just to back u up, and also to get updates on this..

2 Posts

February 25th, 2020 07:00

Same issue on my brand new G7 17 7790, no AlienFX devices detected and I have spent hours trying suggested fixes. Needless to say, None of them work!!

No Events found!