Start a Conversation

Unsolved

C

1 Rookie

• 

4 Posts

March 4th, 2019 12:00

Intel AC 9560 allow Wake on Wireless LAN? WoWLAN? G7 7588

Hello I have a  Dell G7 7588 with windows 10 single lenguaje, anyone know why is not available this option?Sin título.jpg

Thanks!

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

March 5th, 2019 07:00

Since the 9560 has a different interface with the system than other Wi-Fi cards do, I cannot give you a reasonable answer except it might be because of that interface.

Dell seems to have drivers available for that system which include just about every Intel Wi-Fi adapter there is.  Did that system actually come with that adapter? 

1 Rookie

• 

4 Posts

March 5th, 2019 08:00

Hello, thanks for your reply, my answer is yes, the dell G7 come with this adapter, I thougt the issue was for my windows configuration, so I installed again the OS win 10 and the drivers from dell. but the option remain disable.

also I tried with the adapter AC8265 that I taken from a latitude 5590 where the option is available, but when I put in the Dell G7 and installed the drivers the option remain disable.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

March 5th, 2019 12:00

If you notice, the keyways on the two cards are different, right?  The 9560 has one keyway and the 8265 has two. 

The only other thing I can mention is systems which have Modern Standby do not normally have a Power Management tab on their Wireless Adapter's properties box.  Since the 9560 works with the CNVio interface on the chipset/processor, it may behave the same way and needs to control the Power options... but I can only guess.  Maybe someone else with that system will come along so you can compare.

1 Rookie

• 

30 Posts

January 20th, 2020 09:00

Did anyone figure this out, as I have the same issue with my G5 5587 ? The Power Management tab for the Ethernet connection (Killer E2400 Gigabit) allows me to access the "Allow this device to wake the computer" option, but the Intel AC 9560 160mhz  tab shows it grayed out no matter what I do. If not maybe I can pester Intel into explaining it.

Thanks

Jack

No Events found!