Start a Conversation

Unsolved

P

2 Posts

April 13th, 2019 18:00

Intel UHD Graphics Driver - Update Failed

I have recently encountered a problem with my new DELL G7 15 laptop. I was prompted to check for updates to my computer, and one of them was for the Intel UHD Graphics Driver. However, after 4 attempts, the update continues to say that it has failed to install.

Since the graphics drivers are an important aspect of my laptop, it's clear that I can't just let this problem stand.

The version of the update is 25.20.100.6374 and any help with troubleshooting this problem would be grateful.

4 Operator

• 

5.6K Posts

April 13th, 2019 18:00

Is there a newer chipset driver that can be installed?

April 13th, 2019 20:00

I checked the chipset driver on my Device Manager, and it said that it was up-to-date. And while I was on the Device Manager, I decided to check there if I could update my Graphics Driver.

I apparently currently have the Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630 driver, and when I checked for an update, it seemed to install. I thought this might've solved my problem, but the update is still listed in the SupportAssist app.

4 Operator

• 

5.6K Posts

April 14th, 2019 19:00

@partiallyBatty wrote:

I checked the chipset driver on my Device Manager, and it said that it was up-to-date. And while I was on the Device Manager, I decided to check there if I could update my Graphics Driver.

I apparently currently have the Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630 driver, and when I checked for an update, it seemed to install. I thought this might've solved my problem, but the update is still listed in the SupportAssist app.

I never use SupportAssist.

Is there a newer driver listed on Dell.com ?

293 Posts

April 15th, 2019 16:00

You might want to forget about the update on the 620.  Your system is running fine and usually those RECOMMENDED updates are bug fixes.  If you have no bugs or problems, leave any recommended updates alone.  Long story short. 

Since you have a dedicated Nvidia GTX 1050 or 1060, you might want to go to their website and download the latest driver for your card.   Then using their "Nvidia Control Panel" you  might want to select the 3D settings, then select your GTX 1050 or 1060, whichever you have, and then APPLY.  For me, I prefer having the best visual graphics ALL the time.  I do some tank battle games that utilizes my Logitech G602. 

1 Message

July 15th, 2019 13:00

Did you solve this problem ? I have the same problem with my dell G7 7790

• 

17K Posts

July 16th, 2019 09:00

David_Hdzid,

Uninstall the video card drivers, reboot the machine and then download the latest video drivers from the link below. Also, download the latest chipset drivers as well. What are the monitors you are trying to connect to?

Dell g7 7790 Drivers

No Events found!