Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

May 9th, 2018 11:00

Is that all the drive space I get !

New Inspiron 11 3000 Series(AMD) - 3180 doesn't even turn on. 
Ok,Dell after 2 hours on the phone ,I finally got them to send a new unit,and now I have read that after
you update the system , you only have 3GB of space left.  I know it's a low cost laptop but why bother?
Maybe I'll just return both,or can I just put everything on cloud,google drive,or a thumb drive? 

1 Message

November 30th, 2019 12:00

Even if not used as a main computer it should have enough HD space to house the OS.  Downloading and installing Windows updates is good practice, even when using a computer for internet use (think hackers and viruses).  And if a user wanted to surf unprotected, it's getting harder for users to opt out of updates.

13 Posts

May 28th, 2020 06:00

I'm having trouble finding out what kind 32GB hhd I have in my 3185 2-in-1.  I've checked device manager and it gives me a number, which I haven't been able to find any more info on. 

Device manager says I have a SATA controller, which I thought meant I had a SATA HHD, but now I'm not so sure.  I'd just open the back and look, but I can't get the back off.  I can get all the sides up but then it's stuck in the middle and I don't want to just rip it off and break it, or stick something in there and try to pry it off.  

4 Operator

• 

5.6K Posts

May 28th, 2020 07:00

99.9999% of laptops with 32 GB hard drives are 32 GB eMMC which are hard soldered to the motherboard

You can use your service tag # to verify.

No Events found!