Highlighted
1 Copper

Re: Is that all the drive space I get !

Even if not used as a main computer it should have enough HD space to house the OS.  Downloading and installing Windows updates is good practice, even when using a computer for internet use (think hackers and viruses).  And if a user wanted to surf unprotected, it's getting harder for users to opt out of updates.

Highlighted
1 Copper

upgrade your hd with a dell 500 gb sata ss hd - Seagate FireCuda ST500LX025 - Hybrid hard drive - 500 GB - internal - 2.5-inch - SATA 6Gb/s - $54.95.  Not a bad price for dell.

Highlighted
1 Copper

Upgrade the hd witha 500 gb ss hd - upgrade your hd with a dell 500 gb sata ss hd - Seagate FireCuda ST500LX025 - Hybrid hard drive - 500 GB - internal - 2.5-inch - SATA 6Gb/s - $54.95.  Not a bad price for dell.  $54.99 not bad for dell

Highlighted
1 Copper

I upgraded the RAM to 8 GB and put in a 1 TB SATA SSHD and the spects said tyhe max hd was 500 GB so I had to split the partition on the 1tb hd and it worked ok.  not a lot of money and you get a pretty good laptop for the cost.

Highlighted
1 Copper

I was told  you can't install another drive in this unit, I was told this by dell support.  Is this not the case?  from what I gathered the 32gig storage is hard wired to the system board, again, is that not the case?  I would love to install a 256gb ssd or something like that into this unit to get some more bang out of it.

Thanks for any information you an provide. 

Highlighted
1 Copper

I'm following this post with great anticipation, I have the same Dell 3185 with 32Gb HD and would love to upgrade it if possible.
Highlighted
5 Rhenium

Welcome to the Dell Community  @Manic35 

The 32GB eMMC Storage Memory cannot be upgraded!!!!!

There are a few options but it takes some time and experience???

I am an "Expert" on the HP forum and a member has worked out a few options.

Updating Windows 10 OS on an HP Stream with 32 GB eMMC memory

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebooks-Knowledge-Base/Updating-Windows-10-OS-on-an-HP-Stream-with-3...

Good luck,

U2

HP EliteBook 8770w i7-3630QM 32GB
HP ZBook 17 G2 i5-4310M 16GB
HP ZBook 17 G4 Xeon E3-1505M v6 32GB
HP Color LaserJet M553dn 40ppm