Start a Conversation

Unsolved

K

2 Posts

August 28th, 2020 14:00

Issue with power button on new G7 15 gaming laptop - anyone else?

Brand new G7 (approx 35 days old) and I've had one on-site technician out and now I have to send away to Depot Service Center for repair. The power button depresses itself into the frame. Is anyone else seeing this issue? Concerned it's either a design flaw or a lemon. Thoughts?
first time - about three weeks ownershipfirst time - about three weeks ownershipless than 24 hours since on site repairless than 24 hours since on site repair

• 

25.7K Posts

August 28th, 2020 14:00

Thank you! We have received the required details. We will work towards a resolution via private messages to ensure the security of your information. In the meanwhile, you may receive assistance or suggestions from the community members as well.

2 Posts

September 9th, 2020 10:00

I just received an email that there is a delay in my service and repair. Are you able to provide an accurate date for this power button to be fixed? I've had an onsite service tech out already and the problem resurfaced almost immediately (see previous photos). I did not want to send my laptop to the Service Depot for fear that it would be delayed or damaged in shipping (please provide more padding in the return box next time...I had to add crumpled newspapers to cushion it). Unfortunately, this delay is impacting graphic projects I'm working on (and it's the G7's ability to work with Adobe Creative Cloud that is the reason I selected it). Any help you can provide is appreciated. 

No Events found!