Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 11th, 2020 13:00

Keyboard issue in Dell 7567 gaming laptop

hello all

i brought dell 7567 around 2 years ago,the laptop is currently under warranty.i haven't used this laptop that much as prior to gaming buff and all that.....from past week i'm facing issue regarding some of keyboard keys,which almost stopped working or works too late,sometimes works fine sometimes not..this is irritating for me...i tried driver update,support assist,windows update,bios update etc and no hardware issue (but not tried windows reinstallation yet).i tried to contact dell technical support ..they offer me to replace keyboard in which whole palmrest will going to replace....and i don't want to replace this as my laptop is almost new and in good condition,i don't think it's a hardware issue...i don't want to replace it because i got to loose my laptop's original palmrest which contains  original stickers from dell,intel,and obviously nvidia GTX...i know this is a dumb reason but my laptop quiet attractive with these stickers...also what if after replacing keyboard this problem will persist again...bec i see some blogs where this issue occurs even after replacing keyboard??any other advice will be helpful for me to solve this issue.

i got this issue after performing disk clean  up,driver update,window update etc......i thought one of application file might get deleted/lost..whatever..........please correct me  if im wrong and if any solution exists there without replacing  keyboard please let me know asap.

thank you

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

March 11th, 2020 13:00

Let Dell replace the keyboard and palm rest. It is a single unit. That is the only way the problem can be fixed.  Be glad you have an extended warranty. One year warranty is standard.

March 22nd, 2020 12:00

yes finally my problem is solved,dell replaced keyboard.Rather than going onsite solution, i visited nearby dell service centre,they provide such a good service and as earliest as possible.i got my laptop within 3 days because they done whole lot of diagnosis,they clean my pc and finally able to replace keyboard beacuse that was the only primary solution...along with that i recieved back my laptop's original palmrest stickers...i told them to place stickes from old palm rest to new one so that blank palmrest looks kinda attractive.....now my pc is doing great it's been 2 days and i face no issue till now, keyboard is working fine and i am happy about it.

thank you dell for this kind support

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

March 17th, 2020 02:00

Hi, @Saurabh_jajo

I've responded to you via private message. 

Regards,

March 17th, 2020 02:00

I submitted my laptop to nearby Dell service centre for diagnosis...they told me that they didn't found any issue... despite they used my laptop for almost 90 minutes...they clean fans and keyboard sockets and other inbuilt parts, after that still they doesn't get any fault, apart from this they're ready to replace. keyboard..which is good choice but it confuses me because whenever I used this laptop I always have to put efforts in using keyboard...I don't know why they didn't get this.....also if it doesn't have this keyboard issue then what is logic of replacing keyboard.....what iff this problem persist again...and what iff actually it may comes out of any other hardware fault in motherboard or whatever..but that time I get to loose my original palmrest which was placed during manufacturing of this device... sometimes replacing unnecessary hardware may not be the solution but all we need is deep diagnosis.

But I didn't think they will kept this thing in mind... because it may not comes under their repair policy...they will return me back only after replacing keyboard.

Thanks

1 Message

June 9th, 2020 06:00

Did you tried turning off sticky keys? it might help ofzenandcomputing.com/turn-off-sticky-keys/ 

No Events found!