Start a Conversation

Unsolved

T

1 Rookie

• 

7 Posts

July 1st, 2021 19:00

Laptop Keyboard Backlight Fade Has Stopped Working

I disassembled the Dell 7577 laptop recently to repaste CPU and GPU. This process included removal of the BIOS battery, which reset the BIOS settings. After reassembly, I changed BIOS settings back. The backlight level is set to dim. The keyboard backlighting with AC setting is disabled.

Still the keyboard backlight stays on all the time. Switching backlight levels with Fn+F10 doesn't work anymore. When I enter BIOS, I can see the backlight level setting has been changed correctly.

Any chance I messed up the cables during the reasssembly?

• 

25.7K Posts

July 2nd, 2021 13:00

We tried reaching you on a private message asking for the Service Tag number to ascertain the warranty but did not receive a response. Please feel free to reply to the private message whenever you are available.

1 Rookie

• 

7 Posts

July 15th, 2021 21:00

It's alright. I fixed it. It was just a loosen cable. For anyone wondering, it was the keyboard-backlight cable. You can look it up in the service manual.

4 Operator

• 

4K Posts

July 16th, 2021 03:00

Check your BIOS settings to see if you can configure backlight illumination there.  And if you haven't already, try Fn+F10 rather than just F10 in case you changed your Function lock so that the F keys act as F keys by default rather than performing the function shown on their icons.

No Events found!