Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 25th, 2019 15:00

Letter keys not working while holding Fn key (New Dell g3 15 gaming laptop)

So. I'm here on Minecraft (hear me out. This isn't a meme post. I'm being serious.) And trying to reload my chunks. (f3+a) but for this laptop it would be (Fn+F3+a) and. It doesn't work. The debug menu pops up like i only pushed f3. On my old laptop (Dell Inspirion 3531) it worked fine. i could push all three and my chunks reloaded. I went to a website to detect my button presses and it's showing my A key isn't even being pressed. I let go of Fn and try again. it picks up (F3+a). So my question is. is there some setting i'm missing? Why is my Fn key making my laptop ignore letter keys?

9 Legend

• 

14K Posts

May 25th, 2019 17:00

Some keyboards can only register a certain number of simultaneous key presses at a time, and sometimes that limit is different based on which specific keys are being pressed. As a workaround, press Fn+Esc so that pressing the F1-12 keys without pressing Fn triggers the F1-12 key rather than whatever alternate function is printed on those keys. That way you won’t need to use the Fn key at all. And of course you can switch back after exiting Minecraft if you prefer those keys to act as multimedia keys while in Windows.

2 Posts

May 26th, 2019 17:00

This worked. Thank you very much. It wasn't a big problem but it was still mildly annoying

1 Rookie

• 

1 Message

June 14th, 2024 02:27

@jphughan​ simplify what i need to do

No Events found!