Start a Conversation

Unsolved

J

3 Posts

June 29th, 2020 15:00

Lost/Deleted Admin Account

During a Windows 10 update, the Admin account was deleted from the PC and now I am unable to do anything(!) that requires using the Admin function. I was told by a tech to reset to factory settings but that asks for the Admin and the "yes" box is greyed out. So how do I get around this so I can do system maintenance, remove programs, etc.

I am the only user on the PC but my user account that remains does not give me Admin functions so I am a "guest" on my own PC.

4 Operator

• 

5.6K Posts

June 29th, 2020 16:00

Never heard of this sort of thing happening.

Have you Googled this problem?

Worse comes to worse, you can always clean install Windows 10 though you'd lose all your files.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 29th, 2020 17:00

Don't reinstall Windows just yet. If there was a way to boot to Hirens USB Windows 10 PE . Some people here claim that is not legal. But it is legal as per Microsoft. There is also a way to make a Windows 10 PE. But on my Dell systems those including Hirens will not work because Dell blocks them. If you sould connect your drive to another computer check from there and see if the admin account shows. It seems awhile back there was a issue where an update caused something like this. You could run a repair without deleting your files but let that be a last result because you would loose your info if it's not already lost. What was the update that caused this?

July 5th, 2020 04:00

Admin account is required to reinstall.

July 5th, 2020 04:00

I gave up and bought a new PC.

1 Message

January 16th, 2022 07:00

This doesn't work due to the fact that the pc HADN'T YET?

CREATED A RESTORE POINT, i AM STUCK IN lOCAL AND CAN'T EVEN RELOAD WINDOWS 10M AT THE MOMENT FROM A usb STICK, i AM COMPLETELY FUSTRATED BECAUSE i SEEM TO BE CONTINUOUSLY GOING AROUND IN A LOOP, IS THERE ANYWAY UNDER MY COMMAND PROMPT FACILITY DO YOU KNOW?

4 Operator

• 

5.6K Posts

January 16th, 2022 11:00

@RichyO wrote:

This doesn't work due to the fact that the pc HADN'T YET?

CREATED A RESTORE POINT, i AM STUCK IN lOCAL AND CAN'T EVEN RELOAD WINDOWS 10M AT THE MOMENT FROM A usb STICK, i AM COMPLETELY FUSTRATED BECAUSE i SEEM TO BE CONTINUOUSLY GOING AROUND IN A LOOP, IS THERE ANYWAY UNDER MY COMMAND PROMPT FACILITY DO YOU KNOW?

come again?

No Events found!