Start a Conversation

Unsolved

G

8 Posts

September 26th, 2022 18:00

My 7506 gets hot on a 100% charged battery & I close the lid & the computer goes to sleep

My 7506 gets hot on a 100% charged battery & I close the lid & the computer goes to sleep while plugged. Why would it do that when the battery is already charged.

If it's not plugged in it will NOT get warm. So, I try to remember to unplug my laptop after I close the lid.

591 Posts

September 27th, 2022 01:00

Hello,

When you close the lid a laptop will go to sleep however you can change this behavior

Press the windows key +r type "powercfg.cpl" (no "") choose what closing the lid does in there you can choose what action todo when you close the lid.

8 Posts

September 27th, 2022 07:00

Yeah so mine are all set to sleep. I have the old power option set to "hibernate after" (which is gone in win11) as well. 

Where is the option to not draw excess power and heat up my computer when in sleep mode????

591 Posts

September 27th, 2022 09:00

Hello,

windows key +r => powercfg.cpl => click the "change this scheme settings" link next to the active plan => change advanced energy settings

8 Posts

September 27th, 2022 11:00

Mines a little different but yes, you can get to advanced settings and set the "hibernate" option (though it's not available in win11). 

All this has nothing to do with why my computer gets hot after I close the lid (when it sleeps for awhile then goes into hibernation).

4 Operator

• 

4K Posts

September 28th, 2022 23:00

heck your Power Management settings =

Default Adaptive:

Adaptive — Automatically optimizes battery settings based on the user’s typical patterns. Recommended for users who want to “set it and forget it.”

Primarily AC — Extends battery life by lowering the charge threshold, so that the battery never charges to 100 percent capacity. Recommended for users who primarily operate the system while plugged into an external power source.

Custom — User selects when the battery starts and stops charging. Recommended for "Advanced Users".

Dell Command Power Manager User Guide

8 Posts

September 29th, 2022 09:00

5 Tungsten

I don't have those power plan options anywhere via powercfg.cpl or such that I know of. I only have "balanced" plan or create new plan. The later just sends me to adjust how many minutes before sleeping and such. That's the same as adjusting the balanced plan.

I will search "Dell Command Power Manager User Guide" and see what I can find. I would like to do the Primarily AC plan regardless. However, I still don't think that will solve the excessive heat after I'm in sleep mode.

8 Posts

September 29th, 2022 11:00

This software is not supported on my laptop. A 7506 or 7500 or 75xx is listed in the compatible devices.

Dell Command | Power Manager | Driver Details | Dell US

No Events found!