Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

Closed

August 13th, 2018 19:00

My laptop won’t let me login to Windows

I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series. I turn it in and it powers up, and goes the the screen where you can enter your password to get in. But the password part doesn’t pop up, it’s just the the background picture and date and time that are there. No matter what I do and I can’t get it to pop up. I’m extremely frustrated because I need this laptop for work. 

Please help!

Thank you.

Community Manager

• 

2.6K Posts

September 13th, 2022 10:00

Important:

If you are having trouble typing your alphanumeric password please make sure you have the password option selected.
The password option is a key icon.
If you can only type numbers, is likely that you have the PIN option selected.
You should be able to type your password once you select the key icon.

556c595d-0693-4878-8dbb-dbace2dae315.png

--

Now, if you're having trouble signing-in due to this error message "This sign-in option is disabled because failed sing-in attempts or repeated shutdowns."

You can either wait at least 2 hours to try again, since you're account must be locked due to security reasons, or contact Microsoft Support

Helpful Video:

(edited)

1 Message

February 6th, 2020 18:00

Try to get it to reboot. Turning on/off not enough. press and hold the power button for about 30 to 40 seconds. So keep it held even after the machine shuts down. Then power up normally and it should have fixed the problem.

• 

17K Posts

August 14th, 2018 05:00

Kellygar,

Click the link below to watch the YouTube video. It is not a Dell Video but, is helpful.

No Password Prompt at Windows 10 Login

1 Message

August 27th, 2019 11:00

No Events found!