Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

4 Posts

August 30th, 2018 09:00

Network adapter missing

Hi,

I cannot see any wireless network - troubleshooting tells me that there is no driver installed for the WiFi adapter. I have tried to download the 3 potential WiFi adapters for my model - Inspiron 3147. None of the installations even succeed - they all fail to install. So I tried to install the chipset drivers just in case...3/4 work..."Virtual Buttons" also does not install.

I have tried to reset my PC in all 3 ways (save my files, delete my files, delete my files more thoroughly), and this also fails every time. I have also re-installed Windows 10 to see if that would allow me to do a reset, and it still does not. 

I have also tried to use Dell Command, but that also fails to install the driver library (does it need WiFi?).

Can someone please help me get WiFi working?

Thanks!

Dan

August 30th, 2018 10:00

Network Reset does not work either

August 30th, 2018 10:00

log.PNG

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

August 30th, 2018 11:00

Thank you for your message. I will be glad to assist you on this.

What is the wireless card model installed on your computer?

Is the Bluetooth connectivity working fine? 

Open device manager – expand network adapter- check if the wireless card is listed.

What is the BIOS version installed?

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it?

Hi. Thank you for your reply.

I sent you the service tag number. How would I get the wireless card model that is installed?

I am not sure about bluetooth connectivity - I have never tried to use it before - the screen says it couldn't connect and that I need to turn on Bluetooth, but I can't find any other Bluetooth setting where I would turn it on.

Under device manager, I have two unknown devices, and under Network Adaptors I have 8 listed that all start with the words "WAN Miniport", so no, I do not think it is listed.

The BIOS version says "Dell Inc. A02, 8/19/2014".

Thanks!

5.6K Posts

@spazdazzle wrote:

log.PNG

can't see your photo

When did this problem come up?

Was this laptop new?

Re-installing Windows requires installing drivers starting with chipset.

Perhaps you have a bad wifi card.

March 20th, 2021 07:00

Hi Guys, Its been a little late now. I faced similar problem today. Tried everything, nothing worked. The last thing which fixed everything for me was to unplug my network card, and reinsert it into the slot and restart. Voila!. Fixes the issue. 

No Events found!