Start a Conversation

Unsolved

N

3 Posts

March 4th, 2019 19:00

No bootable device found.

I had just got a new hard drive for my inspiron 15 5575. And now it says no bootable device found.

3 Posts

March 4th, 2019 19:00

I had just got a new hard drive for my inspiron 15 5575. And now it says not bootable device found.

2 Intern

• 

1.5K Posts

March 4th, 2019 21:00

You will need to clone your old hard drive to your new one. Macrium Reflect Free will do a nice job for you. Tutorial on how to use MR

If your old drive is not useable to clone. and a clean install is your only choice, Download and create your install USB from Media Creation Tool Theb you'll need to check your BIOS and see what your SATA is set for. Should be either AHCI or RAID I suspect that its set to RAID and Using the Intel IRST driver, therefore, your windows install cannot see your new hard drive unless you install the IRST driver first.

So you should be able to change that setting to AHCI  then your install media will see the drive

If you need to or want to continue using the IRST RAID driver Download from Intel Web site download the f6flpy 64. Extract the file to the Install USB you created with MCT tool. Once the install starts and you can see your hard drive, look for a link that says I have a file or something like that click that and point it to your USB Install thumb drive and the IRST driver you to put there select it and then your hard drive will be visible volume to install windows too.

12 Posts

March 8th, 2019 01:00

Just clone the old hard drive to the new hard drive with AOMEI Backupper, and the cloned drive will be self-bootable. After the cloning process is finished, you can either replace the old hard drive with the cloned drive or change boot order in BIOS to boot from the cloned drive.

No Events found!