Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 15th, 2021 03:00

No input devices found

I have a Dell Inspiron laptop that is unable to find the internal microphone. There is no input devices present in device manager even with "display disabled devices" and "display disconnected devices" on, and internal microphone is enabled in Bios settings. I have updated drivers and have the latest windows update.

Microphone was working perfectly a few days ago!! Any further ideas of troubleshooting?? I have tried all the common fixes

June 18th, 2021 18:00

Dell 5590. I am also having the same issue. pls help on this one.

Update September 28, 2021 = A DELL-Cares agent setup service.

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

May 15th, 2021 04:00

PC Model number?  Always include the model number on any initial problem post.

Can't give you model specific assistance, but many times Windows updates will mess up the sound driver and cause many sound problems.  First step is to reinstall the Dell sound driver for your specific model.

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us?l=en

9 Posts

May 19th, 2021 11:00

Hi Nikital did you get this problem fixed. I have exactly the same problem, occurring after a Dell Support instigated update, not a windows update.

The Dell support have been very unhelpful.

I did manage to find a driver:

Intel(R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel(R) SST) OED

with a code 10 'Failed to load external libraries.'

This is likely related. I uninstalled it. It re-installed it on restart. Still microphone not found

I was using it all day the previous day

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

May 19th, 2021 12:00

The Inspiron 5590 uses Realtek for PC sound.   The Intel sound is only for HDMI audio.

We have seen a lot of sound problems caused by Windows updates.  Reinstalling the model specific sound driver, Realtek for the 5590, cures the majority of problems.

Support for Inspiron 5590 | Drivers & Downloads | Dell US

June 12th, 2021 23:00

I did manage to find a driver:

Intel(R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel(R) SST) OED

with a code 10 'Failed to load external libraries.'

This is likely related. I uninstalled it. It re-installed it on restart. Still microphone not found

Me to same problem any solution to this....

1 Message

June 15th, 2021 14:00

Seems to me we're having a run on disappearing microphone drivers!  In my case, a Inspiron 5491 2-in-1 laptop. This issue has cropped up since I last used the internal mic in a Zoom session about two weeks ago. Same discussion as elsewhere, does not show in the device manager to include viewing hidden devices.

I've updated the 5491 to current Dell patch levels.  This includes a BIOS update.  I've manually downloaded and re-installed the Realtek audio driver package.  Verified Windows 10 Home is current on patches. 

Still no microphone input device!

Any other ideas?

Mark

1 Message

June 16th, 2021 09:00

I have the same problem on an Inspiron 14 2-in-1.

Have you found a solution yet?

June 17th, 2021 12:00

I am having the same problem and it is SO ANNOYING!  I just did an update and now no mic.  It's completely gone.  I tried to download the Realtek driver again and it didn't work.

3 Posts

June 25th, 2021 11:00

Disclaimer: I just created my account and didn't even think until after I clicked submit that my username would look like I work for Dell - my bad. I don't. 

Anyways, I have the same issue. I just went to do a teleheath appointment and had to use my cellphone because my Inspiron 5491 2-in-1 can't find my microphone. . How has no one responded yet?

1 Message

July 1st, 2021 23:00

roll back to older Realtek driver as noted in this article https://www.dell.com/community/Vostro/No-input-devices-found-microphone/td-p/7879361

July 5th, 2021 09:00

Hello good morning, I solved the problem by installing this driver Realtek-High-Definition-Audio-Driver_88XXX_WIN_6.0.8895.1_A23_01, it is the only one that has worked for me, you can download it from the Dell support page, in the drivers part It's actually a bit old driver, but it works better than the latest updates Dell has released. I hope it works for you.

No Events found!