Start a Conversation

Unsolved

E

3 Posts

November 14th, 2019 05:00

Please Help Me. Inspiron 3585 Doesn't detect any of SSD M.2 SATA or NVMe

Hello,

I'm using Inspiron 3585 (Bios 1.4)

Ryzen 3 2500u, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD. And i just bought a SSD M.2 NVMe 256GB. I try to install it on the system boar. But it doesn't detected bt the BIOS or Windows 10. I try to use the SSD NVMe on other Notebook, it was detected with no problem. So I assume that this Inspiron 3585 doesn't support NVMe. Then i trade the SSD NVMe with the M.2 SATA 256GB. BUT... after i install to the system, same problem, it wasn't detected by the BIOS or My Windows 10. I try the SSD on other notebook, it was detected without any problem. I'm so confused. Is there any setting or anything that i must do so i can use my SSD in my Inspiron 3585?

Please somebody, help me..

Thank You.

2 Intern

• 

1.5K Posts

November 14th, 2019 19:00

A couple of things, is your system UEFI? is your  BIOS SATA set to RAID? It sounds to me like it is and is so you'll need to install the IRST driver If you intend to Clean Install You'll Have to get the IRST driver and during the beginning of the install where you don't see your SSD click I have driver or brose have the RST driver on a USB thumb drive most people have it on the same USB thumb drive they are installing windows with.

Save yourself a lot of aggravation and just clone your hard drive to the SSD that way your new SSD will have all the files it needs to boot into windows

https://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/04/sln297920/reset-or-reinstall-windows-10-on-your-dell-computer?lang=en

If you insist on Clean installing

How to use Macrium Reflect to Clone a hard drive to a SSD

To get this information you need to log on to support, enter your model number and most importantly Enter your Service Tag Number. 

That will open all the hardware information on your Particular notebook, You should download and read your Service Manual there you will find out how to open your notebook here you will see what SSD your m.2 slot supports NVME or SATA

3 Posts

November 14th, 2019 20:00

Hi Clintlgm,

My Inspiron 3585 system is still BIOS (ver 1.4.0), and my BIOS SATA has set to AHCI. But still doesn't detected by the BIOS. Is there any special setting so the SSD can be detected by the BIOS?

Thank you

2 Intern

• 

1.5K Posts

November 14th, 2019 20:00

What does your service manual say that your notebook supports?

1 Message

November 14th, 2019 22:00

The new Bios does not see  any boot sequence that is not UEFI. They have also removed the hardware to all you to create your own UEFI bootable drive to install on your own system... They hate you..  and me. 

3 Posts

November 14th, 2019 22:00

@Clintlgm the Manual stated: M.2 2280 SSD Class 40 up to 256GB.

@Lex83 Do you have the same problem? 

2 Intern

• 

1.5K Posts

November 15th, 2019 14:00

Not really its just one step boot F12 and select to boot your install media UEFI the MCT will have both versions on it. Hmm, manual should have said NVME or SATA Since it doesn't say I would assume SATA. if your BIOS doesn't see the SATA on then Perhaps there is something wrong with it. if your SATA is set to AHCI and not  RAID if the RAID is selected then You have to Install the IRST driver for your system to see the SSD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bZ-qVXEJng

The easy way is to use Macrium Reflect Free and Clone your disk to your new SSD MR will see your RAW format SSD if you have partition your SSD you should use diskpart to Clean it then let the windows Install or Clone process handle the formating of the SSD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LClr3FPg4_4

No Events found!