Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

1 Message

April 16th, 2019 22:00

Power adapter doesn't charge Dell Inspiron 15 3567 if you plug it out and plug in. Power adapter is recognized in bios

Hi,

I have Dell 15 3567 and there is a problem with this laptop. I bought a new OEM Charger and it will only charge if you newly boot it or restart. But if you are already login with windows and you plug out and plug in the charger, it will not charge.

System: Dell 15 3567 Core i3

WIndows 10 Home

Power adapter is 45W and is recognized in the bios

Advanced Charge is off

Things I did

1. Shutdown, remove the charger and battery,  pressed turn on for how many seconds. Put the battery back and boot the laptop - Same Problem

2. Shutdown remove the battery, plug in the charger and boot windows. Shutdown again and put the battery back. Put the charger and boot it again. - Same problem

3. Updated the bios and drivers. - same problem

4. Reinstalled quickset, change the battery settings in power manager lite, from adaptive, normal and primarily ac use (left it to normal setting)- same problem

5. Tried another new adapter  - Same problem.

Do you think its already a hardware problem? Seems like a firmware or software problem to me. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

2 Posts

November 9th, 2019 10:00

I have the same issue with my I5 -03567  

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

November 9th, 2019 11:00

Hi MzFire

Please run Dell eSPA Pre-boot System Assessment on computer to check the battery health by following steps below.

1. Power off system.

2. Power on system, quickly start tapping F12 key continuously until you see the One Time Boot Menu in top right hand corner of screen. In One Time Boot Menu, select Diagnostics, and press Enter key. After quick tests, select Primary Battery and then click Thorough Test Mode.

Also, check the status of Battery Health and AC adapter in the BIOS. Please click on the link below for addition information that might be helpful.

How to Check Battery Health Status on Dell Laptops

https://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/04/sln143156/how-to-check-battery-health-status-on-dell-l...

How to Troubleshoot AC Adapter Issues?

https://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/04/sln128918/how-to-troubleshoot-ac-adapter-issues?lang=en

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

November 11th, 2019 10:00

Any update MzFire ?

The adapter is detected in the BIOS or says it's type ? The charging's port is loose ? How about the Battery Health ? 

January 3rd, 2020 01:00

Help me with my post then 

No Events found!