Start a Conversation

Unsolved

EM

4 Posts

July 1st, 2020 03:00

Purchase verification

Hi,

Yesterday I received several emails from farmin.islam@dell.com  asking me to use my student/work email to send my address to her for verification. I told her I did not use any student or work coupon with this purchase and that I don't have a student/work email (as well as adding my address in the message). She replied saying that my purchase will be cancelled because I cannot verify my details and that the card used was not from the same country as I am (which is not impossible). I was quite suspicious because of all the spelling and grammatical errors in the emails sent from her. What am I supposed to do from here?

Thanks

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

July 1st, 2020 05:00

Just googling that email address. The results come back and I see some fraud. Looks like the scammers are back. How are they using an address from Dell? This has me very very concerned. Because I have had issues with scammers before. 

July 1st, 2020 06:00

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear about the issue with the order. Please private message us the name of the registered owner and email ID so that I can look into this for you.

July 1st, 2020 12:00

Hi,

I tried to private message you but it looks like you may have private messages disabled.

Thanks

July 2nd, 2020 01:00

Update: she just cancelled my order today and wanted me to bank transfer the funds instead of my card, which already has the payment pending.

July 2nd, 2020 02:00

I'm sorry to hear that the order is canceled.

The amount for the canceled order should be credited in 2-3 days from the day the order is canceled. If you do not receive your money then, please feel free to write to us or write to the representative and they should be able to help.

Regards,

Pamyaphi

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

July 2nd, 2020 05:00

WOW Dell just kick the customer to the curb. If you need a Desktop you could buy the parts and build yourself. If you build yourself make sure you keep record of parts in case you need warranty. 

1.5K Posts

July 2nd, 2020 07:00

Your complaining in the wrong forum, we are user to user in this forum, the customer care forum has Dell employees that may or may not help you.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

July 3rd, 2020 15:00

More than likely it will be "may not help". 

July 3rd, 2020 16:00

All good now, called dell via phone to purchase my laptop again. The guy on the other end was very helpful and managed to pay and get a confirmation for my order within a day. Can't wait for it to arrive now.

Didn't know this verification process was so annoying!

Now to wait for the pending payment on my card to be returned.

I couldn't find the customer care forum and since I bought an Inspiron, I thought I'd post here  

• 

25.1K Posts

July 3rd, 2020 22:00

Thank you for confirming. Glad that this is taken care. Please reach out if you need any assistance. Stay well. 

Kiran J. 

No Events found!