Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 9th, 2018 14:00

Remove autobrightness from Win10

Hello community,

I am not been able to get rid of that autobrightness that comes as default when I installed Win10 x64 Pro on my newest harddrive.

I have tried:
Settings/Power & Sleep/Additional power settings/change plan settings/change advanced power settings/Display/Enable adaptive brightness

On battery: Off
Plugged in: Off

(actually i didnt change settings, both were turned off)

I have searched on google and supposly there is a service from Dell's that needs to be disabled as well. I do not have that service installed on my laptop.

My laptop is a Inspiron 15 7000 Series 7559 with Win10 x64 Pro (ver.1709; OS Build 16299.248)

I don't know what else to do. Please I need your help

March 9th, 2018 21:00

This is a feature called "CABC". Dell does not advertise this feature anywhere but you get to find out about it after buying the laptop after which you have no recourse except to hope that dell releases a fix for it. This same feature exists in the XPS line for which they have released a fix. They haven't yet for this laptop, nor there is any communication that they plan to. When I contacted dell I was told that it's working "as designed" and basically to deal with it. I own the 7373 and facing the same issue.

3 Posts

March 12th, 2018 14:00

Thanks Aniessh. I opened a support request with dell based on that annoying feature.

Hopefully I get a better answer from them. Since this is not working "as designed".

No Events found!