Start a Conversation

Unsolved

N

1 Rookie

• 

10 Posts

April 5th, 2021 14:00

Repeated Error of "No Bootable Device Found"

My Dell Inspiron 15 5570 was purchased in 10/2019.  This week, I had 2 incidents of getting the "No boot device found" error. The error messages were: "No bootable device was found! The possible causes could be the corrupted OS image or boot device was not enabled in BIOS setup.

The diagnostics could not detect any problem in hardware.  I was able to get machine restarted with following steps:

1) Press F12 during reboot.

2)  Select the menu option "Support Assist OS Recovery"

3) Once the recovery option is selected, it changed to a blue screen and nothing else was shown on the screen.  After a minute or two, the laptop turns off.  

After that, the laptop booted into windows without any error.  This had happened twice this week.  I am not sure whether this is a hardware issue or software problem.  I will appreciate any help or suggestions for troubleshooting.

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

April 5th, 2021 16:00

Back up your data!!!!

Generally a sign of failing hard drive.

Run Dell Diagnostics at bootup  F12.

4 Operator

• 

4K Posts

April 6th, 2021 03:00

Go to Bios Set UP . Disable the secure boot . 2)"" Advanced Boot option" on the left side ,make sure that ""Enable legacy option ROM ""   is selected 3) Now Go to "Boot sequence "  and select "Legacy" in Boot list. Restart computer and you can see the  Boot devices list

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

April 6th, 2021 06:00

The only time I have seen that message was after I let Intel install a new SATA driver on my system.  It asked if I wanted the system to stay AHCI and I said no so it converted the drive to RAID.  Since the Bios was still set to AHCI, the system would not boot.

You might do this now, and if you have boot media, use the recovery tools to do it after a failure..  In an admin command prompt, type the following command.  It will produce a listing you could compare to see what is changing.

bcdedit

1 Rookie

• 

10 Posts

April 11th, 2021 18:00

I have done twice using F12 and run full diagnostic procedures.  No hardware problem is found.  I am still not sure whether the problem is hardware related.

No Events found!