Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

April 12th, 2018 02:00

Restarting issue with Inspiron 15 even in 1.6.0

I bought my Dell Inspiron 7567 in September 2017. It was working perfectly on the system BIOS 1.1.0 till the version 1.2.0 came out. Since then, it's been **bleep**.

The system bios 1.2.0 was faulty, and randomly restarted my laptop when it was on battery(charger not plugged), and there was a crackling in the sound whenever i plugged in or removed my charger. I saw many threads on the Dell community and thought that they'll fix the issue with the next BIOS update, as the moderator on the thread assured us. The update was launched (1.5.3) and the thread closed.

1.5.3 did NOTHING to solve any of the problems. the laptop was still restarting randomly, and there was still a crackle on the speakers or headphone jack whenever i plugged the charger in or out. Basically, they rolled out an update with fixed nothing. I contacted dell via email and facebook, and they did something or the other- reinstalling the already buggy BIOS and tried to roll it back to 1.1.0 (update blocked due to unsupported downgrade), so in effect nothing changed, and they wasted a lot of my time. They assured me, after unsuccessfully trying to fix it, that the next BIOS update will fix the problems.

I updated my system to bios 1.6.0 a few hours ago, hoping that it had fixed everything. My laptop worked normally till about 60% battery, WHEN IT RESTARTED AGAIN!!! I plugged in the charger while playing audio, and THE SOUND WAS STILL CRACKLING!!

I am disgusted by this lack of care by the Dell tech team, because it's been 4 months since the problems arose, and they have done nothing at all to solve it.

I will never again buy any other Dell product, and will recommend against buying it to anybody. This laptop was a huge waste of money, and my awful 4 year old HP laptop was better.

2 Posts

April 12th, 2018 03:00

Hey bud, this method worked for me and others. It should get you back to bios 1.1.0. This bios version was solid. no reboots. I don't give a about any improvements that were made in the subsequent bios updates. Random reboots makes me want to throw the laptop aganst the wall.

i could not access the bios
recovery tool also, but what i did is i had the 1.1.0 bios version from dell, then i renamed it BIOS_IMG.rcv, the file format has to be .rcv not .exe, then i copied this file to a flash drive (FAT32 format not NTFS), then i did these steps mentioned before:

First you shut down the computer completely, and you should have the flash drive plugged in now.
Then, while the computer is turned off, hold down the left Ctrl + Esc keys and connect the charging cable to the computer. The computer will start up automatically.We continue to hold down Ctrl + Esc until the BIOS Recovery window appears.After the BIOS Recovery window arrives, select "Rollback" and continue, the BIOS will be downgraded after the computer restarts itself.

this way you will access the recovery tool from the flash drive not the laptop itself, hope this helps.

16 Posts

April 12th, 2018 03:00

Dell has proved to thousands of customers that it is the WORST company ever and don't care about its customers, i've DELL 7567 and i am still using BIOS 1.1.0 and waiting for a solution from Sep-2017.

A lot of versions of BIOS updates were lunched and no solution in one of these patches!!!!.

worst decision ever i made in buying this piece of **bleep** laptop

78 Posts

April 12th, 2018 04:00

Is this really happening? Already now I thought that they would succeed ... how do they test it blindly?

32 Posts

April 12th, 2018 07:00

Unbelievable it.

Incompetence do not fix this bug

7 Posts

April 12th, 2018 08:00

Dell please your comments about this matter, really continues the problem of random restart in version 1.6.0 that we have waited so long????

April 12th, 2018 11:00

Jesus.....

So Bad Dell :(

78 Posts

April 12th, 2018 11:00

Have you tried to detach batteries and cmos batteries?

April 13th, 2018 10:00

Thanks a lot Jas83. I successfully downgraded my BIOS from 1.5.3 to 1.1.0.

April 13th, 2018 13:00

Christ...

So should we consider this issue solved when we all need to do is rollback to 1.10?  What do you think Dell? Your updates are useless and one user suggest that going back to 'before you guys **** up' version will help us?

I chose Dell 7567 because this was actually my first choice before getting that **bleep**ty OMEN HP but I don't know guys - I am really in shock you haven't solved a very important problem for all laptop users 

4 Posts

April 14th, 2018 15:00

I updated to bios 1.6.0 and now listen crackling sounds meanwhile i tried to play videogames or watching a video or plug/unplug charger, i have no random restars yet, but a new problema appears! it got worst. the sound problem can be detected when you are using edge and Facebook after watching a video, the process "windows audio device graph isolation" has a high cpu usage when this happens.

April 14th, 2018 18:00

i kinda find the issue for the crackling sound and i hope dell support would actually notice my comment , it has something to do with Wi Fi interference with audio processing , "try to turn off your wifi" and you would notice the crackling would actually go away , somehow the crackling issues are actually global scale issues with not just dell suffering from it , after the last update of windows , my friends lenovo and hp also suffering from same crackling issues , as for the bios 1.6.0 , i dont get any restart issues with it since im always using it for college prupose like compiling code with 9+ hours endurance without restarting , however for the cpu throttle issues , im also getting it while playing specific heavy games like far cry or warthunder , it would drop down my fps like below 30 and in couple of second reaching 60+ again , i hope dell would fix this issue

1 Rookie

• 

43 Posts

April 16th, 2018 00:00

Actually https://www.dell.com/community/Inspiron/Dell-7567-BIOS-1-5-3-still-is-turning-off-and-restarting/m-p/6048522/highlight/true#M17190 this method work for me on bios 1.6.0. No random restart so far. I will test a couple days

78 Posts

April 16th, 2018 05:00

For me too

4 Posts

April 16th, 2018 15:00

@HelloFellasThanks for explantion, exactly the drop down of fps that I have is playing Overwatch for some seconds. I disabled "Rivet Dynamic Bandwith Management" to prevent constant crackling sounds and a constant CPU use (2-5%) only with this app running, after this cpu only uses 0-1% on idle.

April 20th, 2018 06:00

My 7567 does the same thing. Only when running on battery power. because I cannot use for work because I'm afraid it will restart while I'm working on something important.

No Events found!