Start a Conversation

Unsolved

L2

1 Message

June 30th, 2020 09:00

Saving our Inspiron 15 from a certain death...😁

Did an update last night and when the system restarted, the logo would come up and it said it was going to take an hour plus to configure the system. I let it run for about an hour, nothing but a blank screen. Shut it down and waited about 10mins, restarted and same message. Let it run again, no changes. Read today when first starting up, push F2 quickly and that did give me Settings, Memory, Processor screen. Great news! Not very knowledgeable about computers, so to save all of our items in the laptop. How can I reset back to 2 days ago, before update and crash happened. We really do like our laptop and dont wish for it to meet it's end... . 

Thank you in advance for any information.

4 Operator

• 

5.6K Posts

June 30th, 2020 12:00

On another PC, download Media Creation Tool and use it to create bootable USB flash drive.

Boot into the USB flash drive and use it to repair your laptop's Windows 10.

There should be some Youtube videos on this.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 30th, 2020 13:00

I think you can also remove updates. Was it the Feature Update? Not sure if you can remove the Feature Update.

The option to remove updates is in Advanced Options I think. And this is why I keep updates paused. I always make a whole drive backup with Acronis True Image. I used Acronis True Image 2018 it works best. If there are problems I can just restore the image.

No Events found!