Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

Closed

3 Posts

March 12th, 2022 03:00

TOUCHPAD issue with DELL Laptop (Inspiron 15 5510)

Facing THE All Too Often Touch Pad issue

Hi

Firstly, I'm very excited get my new Inspiron15 5510 model and after the delivery in late morning I've felt very good seeing the Laptop as this model has a sleek design, features and all. And it didn't take long to break the mood, with in just 2hr of usage the problem starts by the erratic movement of mouse. Even though I can still navigate through the screen using the touchpad, it's useless as it can't select any app or icon there is, sometimes it's in an indefinite AUTO-SELECT mode even if I don't touch the touchpad. This problem used to happen every 10 minutes at start and remain like that for a good 5-10 minutes too, but by the evening the mouse wouldn't respond or revert back again like before and remained like that even until now(delivery happened a day before), I've checked the online and found that many were facing the same problem as me with the laptop and after going through the online diagnostics in the DELL support, they have issued me a free replacement. But I'm very dissatisfied with the whole thing about the new Laptop.

Now I had to resort to using a external mouse to use my Laptop, I've talked to technical support team on a call and had a chat with whats'app also about the issue and I've asked for a new replacement, they just forwarded my complaint. I'm still waiting for the response as they said it'll take 1-2 business days.

I've seen the same issue with many others online, the DELL must look into this seriously as these happenings are occurring often and try to solve/check for this  type of hardware defects before they dispatched them.

Just want to post this because I've seen others with the same issue and felt that I need some company with the issue, as it is not easy for me or some people to buy a laptop worth 68k and got to deal with a defective product after the delivery, it's a very bad feeling just to say.  

March 18th, 2022 01:00

Hey guys, Just want to update!

the Issue is resolved by the dell technician, it seems that the screws used to place the touchpad are locked tightly and so the press clicks and the auto select option is happening randomly. The technician just loosened the screw a bit and voila!! The laptop is working as it should.

4 Operator

• 

5.6K Posts

March 12th, 2022 07:00

If you don't like it , return it before you are stuck with the laptop.

March 12th, 2022 08:00

I'm chatting on whatsapp with technical support and even talked on phone, still waiting for the update. the website support team just issued for a part replacement, but I'm requesting for a new product replacement. Don't know if it can get through or I get to stuck with a repaired laptop from the very 1st day.

4 Operator

• 

5.6K Posts

March 12th, 2022 09:00

They won't replace the laptop with another new laptop.

Your best option is return for a refund!!!!

1 Message

March 25th, 2023 17:00

I also have the problem with the uncontrollable laptop mouse. I ordered this $1400 laptop in 2021 and it is almost useless without a wireless mouse. Dell used to make better products than this.

No Events found!